SpecSizer Reaches 10,000 Registered Users

by Visitor bakersj on ‎01-22-2013 01:26 PM

steve_baker_caterpillar.jpg

It didn’t come in with all the fanfare of the new year, but January 8, 2013 marked the day we welcomed the 10,000th registered user of Caterpillar’s Electric Power SpecSizer tool. Considering that Caterpillar’s first generator set sizing software program was released in the mid-1980s, this may not seem like a big deal. However, we only began registering users in 2010, so this demonstrates a substantial increase (about 250 new users every month) in registered SpecSizer users.

In recognition of our 10,000 registered users, I’d like to review why SpecSizer has become a critical tool for generator set sizing among consulting and specifying engineers, generator set installers and users all over the world.

What is SpecSizer?

SpecSizer is a free, PC software tool that allows users to select the most appropriately sized diesel generator set for virtually any electric power project. Users can size for their power needs with generator sets as small as 14KW or as large as 4000KW, and the SpecSizer tool can parallel up to 25 generator sets. Users input the details of the on-site power required including voltage, load demand, load types, duty application, maximum ambient temperature, altitude, EPA emissions and more. As a result, this software tool allows users to determine a truly customized and comprehensive power solution.

SpecSizer is also equipped with features such as the 20-Step Wizard tool that uses program logic to calculate the smallest possible generator set along with the least number of load scenario steps, which provides an optimal rating and footprint that minimizes costs. SpecSizer allows users to make load step changes to any user-defined criteria on the load scenario tab to assess possible sizing results. Check out this SpecSizer sample screen for a representation of how the selection process appears.

Why is it useful?

SpecSizer takes the guesswork out of accurately sizing a generator set for specific user load qualifications and needs. A mountain of research went into providing a sizing program with accuracy, which is the number one priority. The recommendations are based upon accurate, comprehensive algorithms, data and analysis. SpecSizer’s ability to evaluate eighteen load types, including uninterruptible power systems (UPS), motors, pumps, air conditioners, elevators, lighting and others, makes it comprehensive for the generator set sizing process. It reduces time and costs with the click of a button and allows users to size and specify the smallest generator set to fit an application. Its multiple features also provide sales support information, create guide specifications and offer printable sizing reports related to the generator set as a system inclusive of transient response performance derived from actual factory tests. SpecSizer has even been translated from English into seven other languages to serve users who speak Chinese Mandarin, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.

The SpecSizer software has revolutionized generator set sizing by simplifying the process. Not only does it include filtering processes to align the generator set selection with available options, it also provides web links and tools, such as volts/hertz optimization, percent of intermittent motors, and percent genset capacity used (EkW) to help with analytical and strategic decisions. One of the web links even provides the precise spec sheet you need for your job specification.

In addition to the generator set sizing analysis, SpecSizer provides the aforementioned guide specification in a concise, editable text document format that is dynamically linked to any program-selected or user-selected generator set. This is important because a user can produce a guide specification with Project Sizing Report and Transient Performance Report for any manually selected generator set populated on the Generator Set Selection tab. The Project Sizing Report provides engine, alternator and generator set technical data, and the Transient Performance Report provides the selected generator set’s transient response at 25% load change increments up to a full load. These reports can be distributed electronically as a single PDF file.

Is SpecSizer right for you?          

The SpecSizer tool is designed for consulting specifying engineers but can be used by anyone looking to accurately size a diesel generator set. It has been updated with technical specifications on several new Cat power systems including generator sets, Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), Switchgear and UPS. The latest version (2.8.0) also features Olympian generator sets including both open generator sets with improved derate capability and enclosed units for regions outside North America.

The free and downloadable software is intended to simplify the generator set sizing process. By registering, PC users are able to be notified of automatic updates to the program, which is important to maintain alignment with current generator set product releases.

For more information on SpecSizer’s free software tool download, click here.

We’re interested in hearing about your experiences with generator set sizing.

• What tools do you commonly use to spec diesel generator sets?
  • If you use SpecSizer, which functions do you find most useful?  Would you improve anything?
  • Where do you use SpecSizer, at the jobsite or back in the office?
  • How often do you use SpecSizer – daily, weekly, monthly?
  • How can we make SpecSizer better for you?
  • Would you like a Caterpillar dealer to contact you to help with your generator set sizing needs? If so, you can email specsizersupport@cat.com to reach our SpecSizer help desk.

Comments
by Visitor Bryan
on ‎03-02-2013 02:42 PM

Steve, I'm obviously biased but congratulations on 10,000 registered SpecSizer users!

by Visitor muralcr
on ‎08-01-2013 02:19 AM

dear steve

i had a specsizer old version installed on windows 7 32 bit OS i have migrated to 64 Bit virsion can you help with latest version that can be used on windows 7 64 bit version please

by Kids Fashion
on ‎01-21-2016 03:16 AM

Wow congratz! 10,000 registered users on SpecSizer! Hope it can grow more and more till today! Keep up the good work!

by Visitor NATHAN007
on ‎07-14-2016 05:11 AM

Hi Experts

woodward LSM 2601 have i get 10vdc on speed TRM 26to28 have any experience on this fault please help

Regards

NATHAN

by ganteng
on ‎07-30-2016 02:52 AM

There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That is a great point to bring up.

cara menghilangkan bekas eksim 

Cara menghilangkan keratosis pilaris

by almanaghi
on ‎08-02-2016 02:46 PM

dear, customer service

i have problem in my genset serial number -c2G10433

Engine no ; 2H200595,GENERATOR NO L6B21022- BILL OF Lading :Mscuev040349- certificate of orgin 1441.575 that t bought since 3 mouthes ago but from the first time cat agency  did mantenence by change nousal all of them later problem is seen in turbocharger that become red and so hot also there is oil cosumption - every 250- we recorded 5 litters of oil consumption then in next oil change we recorded 8 litters oil  that mean from time to time of oill change we recorded increasing in the oil consumption ahso there is fuel leaking, am sure that i will find a solution for these problems soon specialy when this genset is still under warranty.

by New member ILAYARAJA
on ‎08-20-2016 04:02 AM

Hello Friends,

I am Ilayaraja working as a electrical engineer in shibha al-jazeera contracting company- saudhi arabia. we purchased one caterpillar generator C18 (serial no: CAT00C18TLXK00973). I have one doubt in this battery charging alternator (Part no : 0R2698).How much ampere hour battery capacity we can install.
or can i install 150 Ampere Hour battery to start our generator.

If i install 150 Ampere hour battery means the battery charging alternator will suffer or not. please kindly send this information to me soon as possible.

Thank you

BATTERY CHARGING ALTERNATOR DETAILS:

PMG Part no : 0R2698    45A

CONSIST  REF 5N-5692  24V

I NEED INFORMATION ABOUT HOW MUCH CAPACITY BATTERY WE NEED TO INSTALL.WE INSTALLED ALREADY 150AH BATTERY. THIS CAPACITY WILL DAMAGE OUR (PMG) BATTERY CHARGING ALTERNATOR ?

by pilar martinez
on ‎09-19-2016 05:11 PM

Hello

I would like to bigin to use spacsizer

by Pengobatan Atasi Radang Tenggorokan
on ‎04-27-2017 10:55 PM

Friday Barokalloh, Thank you for sharing the information, hopefully useful and successful for all

by Pengobatan Tuntaskan Penyakit Kudis
on ‎05-01-2017 01:10 AM

Briliant has shared the information, an article that is very interesting to read and hopefully useful for many people

by Bahaya Dan Pengobatan Ginjal Bengkak
on ‎05-01-2017 11:10 PM

A very interesting article to read and good luck for everything

by Obat Hilangkan Cairan Di Dalam Paru
on ‎05-05-2017 01:50 AM

The article is very interesting and very understood to be read, may be useful for the people

by Pengobatan Atasi Dislokasi Sendi
on ‎05-07-2017 11:29 PM

Articles that are very interesting to read, hopefully provide benefits for many people

by Pengobatan Hilangkan Batu Kandung Kemih
on ‎05-13-2017 01:10 AM

The article is very interesting and very understood to be read, may be useful for the people

by Pengobatan Alternatif Untuk Mengangkat Miom
on ‎05-19-2017 01:07 AM

Friday Barokalloh, thanks for the various information and interesting article is very easy to read

by Obat Untuk Menyembuhkan Disentri
on ‎05-23-2017 12:56 AM

A very interesting article, thanks for sharing useful information

by Pengobatan Cedera Saraf Tulang Belakang
on ‎05-29-2017 11:35 PM

The article is very interesting in the read, hopefully useful information for the crowd

by Obat Untuk Sembuhkan Infeksi Lambung
on ‎05-31-2017 02:02 AM

The article is very interesting in the read, hopefully useful information for the crowd

by Pengobatan Untuk Mengatasi Radang Panggul
on ‎06-02-2017 10:41 PM

A very interesting article to read

by Pengobatan Untuk Menyembuhkan Kaki Bengkak
on ‎06-03-2017 12:39 AM

Happy Saturday, may this day be a blessing and success for all

by Obat Sembuhkan Penyakit Muntaber
on ‎06-07-2017 08:56 PM

by Obat Tradisional Disfagia Atau Sulit Menelan
on ‎06-14-2017 12:39 AM

A very interesting article to read, hopefully useful and successful greetings for everything

by Pengobatan Untuk Menyembuhkan Abses Payudara
on ‎06-16-2017 12:47 AM

Thank you for the various information, success always and keep excited

by Obat Untuk Menyembuhkan Efusi Pleura
on ‎06-22-2017 02:07 AM

The article is very interesting to read

by Pengobatan Untuk Menyembuhkan Radang Lambung
on ‎07-04-2017 07:35 PM

Interesting articles, thanks for the various information

by Pengobatan Untuk Menyembuhkan Tukak Lambung
on ‎07-08-2017 01:19 AM

Thank you for the various information, may be useful for many people

by Obat Tuba Falopi Tersumbat
on ‎07-11-2017 01:12 AM

Welcome, We understand you, fear not pregnant, fear of barren becomes nightmare. But do not worry too much, because now the treatment for fallopian tube problems that have a blockage has been present, The most appropriate solution, without the need to Operation !!!

by wina naina
on ‎07-11-2017 10:43 PM

Thank information <a href="https://goo.gl/BTLdPb">Cream penghilang melasma</a> Hopefully smooth and successful amiiin

by Pengobatan Penebalan Dinding Rahim Tanpa Kuret
on ‎07-14-2017 01:47 AM

Friday Barokalloh, the article is very nice and easy to understand .. Thank you for sharing the information

by Cara Mengobati Kista Coklat Tanpa Operasi
on ‎07-21-2017 11:03 PM

A very interesting article to read, may be useful for all

by Cara Mengobati Gagal Jantung Tanpa Operasi
on ‎07-24-2017 01:20 AM

A very interesting article, thanks for sharing the information

by Cara Mengobati Tumor Rahim Tanpa Operasi
on ‎07-26-2017 11:29 PM

The article is very helpful at all, hopefully the information is useful for many people

by Walatra Gamat Emas Kapsul
on ‎07-27-2017 10:56 PM

Friday Barokalloh, successful and miserable for all

by Pengobatan Penebalan Dinding Rahim Tanpa Kuret
on ‎07-31-2017 11:47 PM

Thank you for sharing the information, may be useful for many people

by Agen Resmi QnC Jelly Gamat Di Jakarta
on ‎08-04-2017 01:34 AM

Friday Barokalloh, Thank you for sharing the information. Hopefully this information is useful for many people .. Success always

by Pengobatan Untuk Menyembuhkan Edema Paru
on ‎08-04-2017 11:14 PM

Very interesting article, success always;)

by Tips Untuk Mengobati Emboli Paru
on ‎08-06-2017 11:39 PM

Any disease you are suffering there must be a cure, thank you for sharing the information may be useful

by Inovasi Terbaru Walatra Gamat Emas
on ‎08-09-2017 02:01 AM

Thank you for sharing the information

Good morning ,, thanks for sharing the information. Hopefully useful and successful always

by Pengobatan Untuk Sembuhkan Abses Kulit
on ‎08-15-2017 11:14 PM

Very interesting article, continued success for everyone

by Pengobatan Untuk Menyembuhkan Nyeri Panggul
on ‎08-18-2017 11:44 PM

Very good article, interesting to read

by fauzinurjaman
on ‎08-19-2017 01:13 AM
Thank you very much for sharing this very useful information, I am very happy to have found this information that I have been looking for this long Cara Menghilangkan Nyeri Dada Cara Menyembuhkan Berbagai Penyakit Kulit Obat Benjolan Di Pergelangan Tangan
by Fauzinurjaman
on ‎08-22-2017 03:48 AM

Thank you very much for sharing this very useful information, I am very happy to have found this information that I have been looking for this long Penyebab Menghilangkan Sakit Dada Cara Cepat Menyembuhkan Penyakit Kulit Secara Alami Obat Benjolan Di Pergelangan Tangan Cara Mengatasi Kutu Air Di Sela Jari Kaki Dan Tangan Cara Menghilangkan Nyeri Ulu Hati Secara Alami

by Fauzinurjaman
on ‎08-23-2017 02:04 AM
by Obat Untuk Menyembuhkan Luka Lambung
on ‎08-24-2017 11:06 PM

Jumaat Barokalloh, thanks for sharing the information .. May be useful for many people

by Cara Mengobati TBC Tulang
on ‎08-30-2017 01:30 AM

Thank you for sharing the information, may be useful for many people

by Cara Mengobati Tumor Mata
on ‎09-03-2017 11:13 PM

Thank you for sharing the information

by Cara Mengobati Kista Bartholin
on ‎09-06-2017 02:23 AM

Very interesting article;)

by Cara Mengobati Polip Rahim
on ‎09-14-2017 01:21 AM

Very interesting article to read, may be useful for everyone :)

Announcements
Help us grow the Caterpillar Community: Invite a Friend

Meet Our Bloggers