Parts & Service
Rental
News & Events
About The Company
Cat Dealer
PaulH

Re: Cat Electronic engines

English wrote:

Hi guys  my 3516b is now on 19,000 and going hrs i haven't done any head changes or valve clearances the engine are maintained on time, however i have notice that one of the engines is starting to sound like a misfire@ around 9-1100 rpm can you all give me any suggestions it will be deeply appreciated ! Thanks....:robothappy:

No valve clearances? might be a starting point. You need to be looking at the fuel consumption and load factor as you are probably due a top end overhaul.

njc1979
Topics: 0
Kudos: 8
Solutions: 10

make a new thread please-

Visitor
English

Hi guys  my 3516b is now on 19,000 and going hrs i haven't done any head changes or valve clearances the engine are maintained on time, however i have notice that one of the engines is starting to sound like a misfire@ around 9-1100 rpm can you all give me any suggestions it will be deeply appreciated ! Thanks....:robothappy:

Visitor
English

Yep pal the air shut is OK! But I've notice that all the gauges are reading ballistic @times but it was working pretty good which is confusing any help will be depply 

Cat Dealer
arkadiy

Did you check if your air shutoff valve has been released?

BR,

Visitor
English

hi guys am new to this site anyway can i have some help with some tips on my 3516b engine i have a problem the unit de-rated it just goes from 6-900 rpm some how i have a feeling it is a eletronic problem! where can i start to trouble shoot?? thank for the help in advance!

Cat Dealer
arkadiy

Hi achillard ,

what is your engine prefix/number and application? The test may vary, depend on it.

BR,

Arkadiy

Visitor
achillard

Yes Dave

I always do that before replacing the faulty injectors, otherwise I would not know which one is bad. My question is to know how to analyse the reading from the 1-Cylinder Test. Sometimes, the faulty injector from the 12-Cylinder test has it reading between other good injectors values and that confuses me and I want to know the meaning of the reading from the single cylinder test.

Thanks for the contribution.

Achille

dave10010
Topics: 0
Kudos: 22
Solutions: 24

Just go to "diagnostic tests" , then "cylinder cutout test". The selections will be "1 cylinder cut out" and "12 cylinder cut-out". Select 12 cylinder cutout and then "start". The test will run through 2 passes of checking each cylinder and will display "OK " or "not OK".
Visitor
achillard

Hello Dave

What is the automatic test and how to perform it? Your assitance will be appreciated.