Cat Dealer
Dealer

Re: D330TA Marine Engine

Dear Darryl,

I can say in any case one thing, the D330 series was out of production when I started working at this Dealer in 1979, as Cat is standard producing the parts for 25 years after an engine went out of production, it would be logical that parts are "difficult".

On the other hand the D330 is the predecessor of the Cat 3300 series, and I have heard that both series did not differ that much, which could mean that the parts are still available.

Let's hope that someone at the Factory does read this and can help you, best regards, Anne W

Contributor

Thanks Anne....My local Cat dealer said that the engine is that old he couldn't comment. What I need is somebody who has had experience with this engine ....even someone who can just relay the basics about it or point me to some specifications/workshop manual that I can refer to. There just doesn't seem to be any information that I can locate anywhere or from anybody.....surely someone must know something....it would be most appreciated! Regards Darryl.
Cat Dealer
Dealer

Dear Sir,

The best thing you can do is to go with the engine serialnumber to your local Cat Marine Dealer and see what he can do for you.

Best regards, Anne W

Contributor

D330TA Marine Engine

I am seeking advice on a Cat D330TA marine engine with about 2000 original hours. As I understand the engine has a seperate oil supply which is used in the combustion process. What I need to know is how many HP this motor produces at how many revs, where the best torque efficiency is, fuel economy, oil useage and any issues that this engine may have. I am unsure of the year of manufacture but think it might be pre 1970. Are parts still readily available and relatively inexpensive and if she is a good runner can I expect ongoing longevity? I hope this message finds persons with knowledge that to date I have been unable research. Any assistance would be most appreciated.Thank You.