Products
Applications
Parts & Service
Rental
News & Events
About The Company
ddivine01

Re: DPF REGENERATION PROBLEMS on C15 ACERT

fanam77 I don't suppose You might have brought this thread to the attention of any of the "TRUCK" engine guys since apparently "John Q Cash Paying Customer" doesn't appear to be having a lot of luck with it from "Our" seats out here in left field. Just Say'in, Dan Divine P.S. Yep I just bought one o these "SDP" engines and 7500 miles in I'm waiting 24-120 hrs, yea 1-5 days here just to get into one of three shops in Amarillo Tx, just to plug it into CAT ET, and force/overide/manually do a Regen. FUN TIMES
Administrator
fanam77

Dear Bmore4100,

We assume that your engine is a truck engine.

Since this forum is a Marine focused community, we would recommend to you to direct your request to the email below that is going directly to a Customer Service Representative for the On-highway products:

Truck_Engine_Call_Ctr@cat.com

Thank you very much

Best regards

fanam77
Bmore4100

I have c13 in 2008 Pete 387. Worst mistake I ever made. Am on 4th turbo and over haul at 550,000 Miles. I just purchase in July 2012 been in and out shop since haven't even put 20,000 miles on yet. In shop now because of regin problem. Don't no what to do. Think ill be out of business soon. Cat should be ashamed for putting hard workers in the unemployment line
, not to mention Debt.
Larry1960

I am having the same problem with my 2008  C-13's   can not keep them out of the shop, have 3 and run 2,  1 in the shop almost constantly.   Any new ideas  CAT has walked away on most of these out in Calif.

Showmetrucking

I have 2008 Kenworth t2000 with same problems.. In last two months i havent pulled one load with this truck, it in and out of the fabick and kenworth shops. I have replaced both turbos last week after all the money i have spend with DPF problems.. For turbos i paid 6800$ and 600 miles later truck broke down with DPF problem again.. I have spend 31.000.00$ and all the down time im down over 50.000.00$.. I have called Fabick in St.Louis mo bcs they worked on it for the last month, and they have said nothing they can do.. Truck is now in ohio Kenworth dealer, i have no idea what to do from here.. this is the worst investment in my life i have made.. Cat should be ashamed doing nothing about this things.. I have smal fleet of my own trucks and im about to buy more trucks,but cat never again.. I will have my lawyers take situation from here.. So good luck to anyone with this engines.. I will make sure nobody i know, not to buy this crap so called engine.. 

bhogal

I have a 2008 Pete 387 with c15 I got same problem with dpf most of the time it wont regen manually either especially in cold weather I am so sick of catapiller loosing money n time fixing same problems I can't make any money this will be my first n last cat product I ever buy dpf was cleaned about 60-70,000 miles ago and having same code I am loaded suppose to go to Canada n cat dealer want 36 hours to perform cleaning n go from there someone plz help with this ...... thanks
Administrator
fanam77

Re: DPF REGENERATION PROBLEMS on C15 ACCERT

Dear Waltz,

If not yet done, please call the Truck Engine Call Center (+1 800 447 4986) to get the right support.

http://ohe.cat.com/cda/layout?m=85164&x=7

Best regards

fanam77
Waltz

So does anyone know how to eliminate the filter or get around it within reason or is it just a yellow boat anchor. I can't keep up this shop hopping. This thing was in the shop twice last week. Even the Cat dealers are fed up with it. System needs to be eliminated. '09 C-15' . Worst investment I have ever made.

regul8r

I have the exact same truck as you. The crankcase psi is generally a blow by filter needing replaced.  They did have a recall on the DPF sensor which throwed a lot of errors. Once the sensor was replaced most of my errors went away. The only other problem I have had is replacing the ARD head. They put the new style on it and it went out in 40K (Warrenty replaced) I finally have to get the DPF filter cleaned (I'm pretty sure that is the problem, will know more tuesday) Particulate trap inpeding regen... I have over 420K so far.

sneal251

Have you any further regen problems with your truck? would you be willing to share more details about your problems privately?