Products
Applications
Parts & Service
Rental
News & Events
About The Company
sneal251

Re: DPF REGENERATION PROBLEMS on C15 ACERT

Have you any further regen problems with your truck? would you be willing to share more details about your problems privately?

Lboogie

Re: DPF REGENERATION PROBLEMS on C15 ACCERT

Hello I have a 2008 peterbilt model 389 with a c15 ..... I have engine #1001 of the regen c15 models, I have spent over $28,000 in of pocket expense in repairs and more than 100 days of down time due to regen issues since I took delivery of such mentioned unit, and is still having many issues with set forth mentioned unit and is currently in the shop now for the same issues and been down 6 days as i post this for particular temp code, low turbo boost psi, & high crankcase psi................

2ds
2ds

I also have a 2009 c15 550, the dpf system never functioned correctly from day one. it took 5 months, 4 different shops, one of which put a custom set of lower bellos on (approved by Cat) in attempt to get it to function correctly, the total downtime to me was over 30 days and over $30,000 in lost income. The problem was finally corrected by a Kenworth dealer who replaced some of the ARD wiring and sensors. The DPF system was actually electrically cleaning the system, computer was satisfied that the burner was ingnited and burning and the dpf system continued to inject fuel in the system, when in reality it was NOT burning, thus filling the entire system with fuel. This occuring only during rolling regenerations. Once the sytem became so plugged up, the truck had to be stopped and a manual regeneration attempted which after many many attempts to ignite the system it would fire and then burn the lower bellos out or in one case blew the pipes right off the dpf system (very loud explosion and very troublesome and expensive). Most of the repairs were covered under warranty. The truck is a Frieghtliner and they became very difficult to deal with and one dealer even became refused to work on it or even let me on their property with it anymore. I probably will never recover from all my lost income and it would appear I may have to declare bankruptcy. The truck does run good now and has not had any issues for over a month now, but the damage has been done. I wish you the very best and hope this may give u some insight. If I would have found the right CAT guru at the start I am sure I would not have lost so much time and income. It is very unfortunate that there are so many BAD dealerships and shops out there.

Deedo

I couldn't find any recalls relating to regen, except one about metal straps holding the regen equipment.  

How has the company responded to your friend's problem?  

Caterpillar Employee
fanam77

Hello Dcessna

Thanks for your post in our community.

Because the subjects here are more Marine focused it might be better for you to call the Truck Engine Call Center (+1 800 447 4986) to get the right support.

http://ohe.cat.com/cda/layout?m=85164&x=7

Hope this helps.

Best regards

fanam77
n1858jw

I also have friend with a c15 acert regen problem. He told me that there are two recalls on this problem. The one that involves replacing the ARD on the DPF must be performed within the first 5 hours of the service light coming on. Otherwise it is not covered under warranty. Ane the cost to replace it is around $3,000 USD. Yes, I did say three thousand dollars!!!! He is buying the truck thru a company and plans on talking to the owner and see if he has more influence. If this fails he will check with an attorney on transportation law about a lemon law on the subject. This should be covered under EPA warranty. His truck has been in four times now. It's a 2009 Kenworth C15 ACERT.
dcessna

DPF REGENERATION PROBLEMS on C15 ACERT

Is anyone else having problems with regen?  Seems like everytime I turn around my truck is in the shop again with regen problems.  The so called update kit has been installed and it has already been in the shop 2 times since.  Is anyone ever going to find a fix for the regen problems?