Highlighted
Contributor

Re: High diesel temperature

Thank you for your prompt response. The cooler has been cleaned, we changed the seconday filter( the one with the sensor housing attached) , we still have the changes in temperature increase and idle and temp decrease upon acceleration but not to the level of the other engine. The pressure gauge has been changed as well for a new one . Since that episode, the pressure has stayed at 90 and it does not change even with acceleration or anything ,,, new sensor and still at 90 with no change. Sorry I did not mention in the original post. Just in case this may be related.
Thank you
Super Contributor

Re: High diesel temperature

It's not the sensor. The 3196 has a fuel cooler in the aux water pump inlet. The cooler likely needs to be cleaned. FYI you should never run the engine in slow vessel mode (550 RPM) for extended periods of time. This mode is meant for no wake zones and docking only. Engine should idle at 700 RPM.
Contributor

High diesel temperature

Hi all, I have a pair of 3196 on an ocean 48SS
I had a high diesel temperature (alarm) while fishing at low speed( 550 rpm). Once i increased the speed or rpm the temperature descreased and it has never gone down to match the other engine, no more alarms and the temperature reduces while at high RPMs but it is still high. I changed the temp sensor for a new in e and it is still the same high fuel temp. I know that this is not correct. Looking for a start up point after changing to a new fuel temp sensor.
Thank you