Contributor

Re: Photos auto rotate 180 degrees from the pictures actual orientation when taken.

Okay great! Thanks. I have a bunch of images to upload!
Administrator
Employee

Re: Photos auto rotate 180 degrees from the pictures actual orientation when taken.

Thadd,

We've made a few adjustments to the image upload settings. The file size has been increased to accomidate most image files now. I agree that the image size limitation was extreem. Hopefully this will help you moving forward.

We also realize that uploading and attaching from our mobile display is limited. We are going to continue investigating this issue. 

Still not sure how or why your image is displaying upside down. This is not something we have been able to recreate. Please feel free to send me a direct message to help me understand the process you are following.

All the best,

Brian S.

Contributor

Thanks!  I reread my post and it came off a little a**like.  Sorry about that.  I was just really excited to document and share my current skid steer problem and then I spent 2 hours trying to get photos to upload!!!  I appreciate the forum and I hope you can tweak it so we can upload photos easier!

I didn't put in my post that I also tried to orientate the photos differently, but each time I uploaded them, it still referenced the original orientation of the photo, not my altered (90,180,270 degree) saved photo.  That was really odd.

Administrator
Employee

Thanks for the feedback, Thadd. We will investigate and see what we can do.

Contributor

Photos auto rotate 180 degrees from the pictures actual orientation when taken.

I won't rant..., but I'm not sure how this is a problem with a billion dollar company.

You need a built in picture resizer from a common photo taking device (aka iphone).  You allow 333kb and the average picture taken now is 3,000kb.  I'm a techy.  There is no way someone that doesn't have a higher level of computer knowledge can post pictures on this site.  Windows 10 doesn't even have a picture resizer built in yet!  You can only do it if you upgraded from Windows 8 and use the original photos app (Photo Gallery) and resize the image to "small".

example of an upload.

IMG_8428 (800x600).jpg