Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Digital Manometer

I haven't used the EXTECH product so don't know about it.  For our use on a Cat gas engine, we aren't talking about needing anything but a good reliable tool; not anything really high tech for these low pressures. 

Best Regards,

Al Hunt

Regular Contributor

What about the EXTECH HD750 manometer? Has anyone got any experience with that make?
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

There are better exhaust analyzers on the market but they cost a lot more than the Testo.  Testo has done a lot of work to produce a reliable and versatile analyzer at a reasonable cost.  Many Cat dealers and gas engine customers buy the Testo for their techs.  Testo has several models.  I like the model with the wireless handheld display.  It makes the process somewhat safer and more convenient.

Best Regards,

Al Hunt

Regular Contributor

Thanks. Will look into the Dwyer.
With the Testo 350 gas analyser which can be used for any CAT engine is there anything out there that could rival it? I prefer the Testo 350 myself but I have to see if there are other options.
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I probably would consider a Dwyer brand instrument; this company has been in business a long time and the products are very dependable.  The Model 475 Digital Manometer seems to be the most popular.  But you should go to their website and check out the features of all the digital manometers and see which one fits your needs. 

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/Pressure/Manometers/Digital/

There are probably other reliable brands besides Dwyer but I have liked their products for many years.

Best Regards,

Al Hunt

Regular Contributor

Digital Manometer

What's the brand and model of choice for Digital Manometer? For setups of most Natural gas Caterpillar engines