Contributor

Re: Erratic RPM

Thanks for the info, it was a faulty magnetic pick up for the RPM Thanks again and sorry for the late reply Stephan
Employee

We would have to know the serial number of the engine.  With the serial number, we can define how the engine was built at the factory.  Is this a diesel engine?

Al Hunt

Contributor

Hello CCRUZ,

The RPM goes back to normal after the unit is loaded, and now its running good. I checked the fuel pressure and the ambient temperature (no problem ) How can I find if I have a mechanical or electrical governor ? What usually give this kind of problem? The diagnostic tools doesn't shown error . The unit work good after the warm up.

Thanks for the reply, this is very appreciated.

Stephan

Visitor

Stephan - do you have anymore information?? does the rpm still remain "erratic" after the unit is loaded? ambient temperature? fuel pressure? mechanical or electronic governor?

CCRUZ | A G Equipment Company | Field Service Technician
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Erratic RPM

I have a question, I am operating a drilling compressor with a 3412 Caterpillar engine and when I start the engine for warm up and I bring the RPM UP , the RPM is a little bit erratic. If somebody as a suggestion please let me know

Thanks in advance

Stephan