Contributor

Re: G3508SITA with EIS and potentiometers in the SCM

Al,

Thanks for the quick response.  I was thinking those were for choosing the set point parameters.  For some reason I am locked out of SISWEB but as soon as I regain access I will search for the SENR6420 manual.

As you stated the SCM has been discontinued.  FW Murphy does offer a solution which we have chosen to implement.  The FW Murphy replacement does not have a display so the CAT ET will be the only way to retrieve codes.  I connected my ET tool to the panel hoping I would be able to review the existing set points but they are not observable in that way.  The FW Murphy panel has an annunciator that we will need to add the engine oil pressure and engine jacket water temperature.  The engine hours, rpm, overspeed, and underspeed already exist so we will be good there.

I would be very appreciative if you could send the part of the SM that gives instruction of how to make the SCM parameter setting adjustments.  I still have a few units in our fleet that use these older controls.

Thanks,

Darrel.

jfischer@jwenergy.com

Darrel Fischer
Field Service Technician
Natural Gas Compression and Production
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: G3508SITA with EIS and potentiometers in the SCM

Darrel,

These items in this compartment of the SCM are used when programming the set points of the SCM, like when you replace the SCM.  The instructions for use are in the SM for the SCM, form SENR6420.  This SM is not a part of the G3508 9TG SM but can be ordered from a Cat dealer.  It is not located in GERP.  It available on SISWEB if your customer subscription allows your to see SM pubs on SISWEB.

Additionally, the SCM has been discontinued by Cat, due to obsolecence of industry components.  The replacement is the Cat Operator Control Panel (OCP).

if you will give your email address, I can send you the part of the SM that gives instruction of how to make the SCM parameter setting adjustments.

Best Regards,

Al Hunt

Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

G3508SITA with EIS and potentiometers in the SCM

Greetings,

The G3508SITA I have is a 9TG serial number range manufactured 9-25-1996.  Inside the operator station under a small cover on the SCM are two potentiometers and what appears to be an interlock switch.  Just above this access port there is a push button labled SW1.  I have searched in the GERP library, on sisweb.cat.com, and in my own private library and can find no information regarding the fuction of these items.

Can anyone help me identify these items and what effect occurs when their settings are modified.  Also if possible to direct me to the appropriate literature.

Thanks,

Darrel.IMG_0471s.jpg

Darrel Fischer
Field Service Technician
Natural Gas Compression and Production