Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Obtaining MFG, BUILD, SHIP dates... what's the easiest way?

Here are the build dates for the serial numbers you listed:

JEF02846     build dateJune 26 2014

WPW01604   build date Aug. 28 2007

4EK04201     build date Sep. 27 2004

Al Hunt

Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

For a customer, the best way for you to have an avenue to Cat product information is to have a good relationship with your local Cat dealer.  Cat limits the amount of information available to a customer.  Your Cat dealer is your best source to answer your questions as you have listed. 

Your local Cat dealer can create a storefront account for your company.  With this free account, you can order parts online, view product parts books online.  In addition, there are other options which have a fee that will give you some expanded limited access to certain areas within Cat information.  See your local Cat dealer; especially the engine technical communicator.  He can be a valuable resource of Cat information.

Al Hunt

There's no CWS ID registration available at the Caterpillar TMI Web site. I wonder how to get a CWS ID registration.

Regular Contributor

CATERPILLAR TMI Web

Obtaining MFG, BUILD, SHIP dates... what's the easiest way?

I work in the O/G Midstream sector and constantly have to look for engine build dates to apply EPA and STATE regulatory requirements. What's the fastest way to find out the Mfg date, build date, and shipping dates using a Serial Number? I run across these things weekly and can't find an online solution: SN is JEF02846 and it's a caterpillar G3516B SN is WPW01604 and it's a caterpillar G3516 SN is 4EK04201 and it's a caterpillar G3516