Re: Check engine light comes on but.....

I have a similar problem when climbing hills my check engine light comes on the DPF light sometimes comes on and the engine looses power.  A CAT dealer in NorCal flushed the ARD system, but it failed to correct the issue.  I took it to another CAT dealer in SoCal and they replaced the ARD head system.  Again it failed.  The NorCal dealer has it again and they say it was due to clogged fuel filters.  They changed the filters and again the system failed within 20 miles of their shop.  Now they are recommending replacing the fuel pump on this C9 425 horse power engine.  A couple years ago I had the failed turbo replaced.  Any thoughts on what is truly wrong this time?

Thank you Dave!!! I'll have that done ASAP! 330 huh? Crap was lied to by the RV dealer then. Thanks for the info!

Also how did you look that stuff up?
Super Contributor

There was a bug in the software in your engine which caused the check engine light and inlet air heater light to come on at times, engine derates, and then the engine will run normally. Have your local Cat dealer update the software to 1888069 and the problem will be gone. Your engine is 330HP.

1WM21823
Super Contributor

Post engine serial number
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Check engine light comes on but.....

Hello! I have a 98 Safari Continental RV with a 3126 Cat 350hp. Here's my issue....

When going up steep grades/mountain passes. I lose power and my check engine light comes on. Then as I get to the top or able to pick up speed the check engine light goes away. When I stop I try to pull the code but get a 55 every time.

Any ideas???

Thanks!!