Re: Engine replacement

[ Edited ]

Great, thanks!

_____

http://csgofreeskins.eu/

Super Contributor

For a 10 liter mechanical engine, about your only choice is the 3306. Very reliable and has been around a long time. The gas version is still manufactured. Power output is up to 300HP. The 3406C is a 15 liter mechanical engine. Also very reliable. Power output up to 425HP.

Also interested in similar thins! Waiting for other's reply.

Something more mechanical would be best.
Super Contributor

What size engine are you interested in? 7 liter? 11 liter? 15 liter? Modern electronic engine or older mechanical engine?

Engine replacement

New to the forum and to Cat engines and equipment. I have driven machines with Cat power plants and have been nothing but impressed with the power and reliability of them and that would be why I want to put one in my 58' diamond t. It currently has a 450 international gas engine but I've always been a diesel guy so I figured I'd move a different power plant to the top of my to do list. It has a 5 or 6 speed manual trans with a 2 speed rear end. I would like anyone and everyone's input on what they think would work best in it. I'd mostly use it to haul tractors and cattle along with my toys here and there. One of my friends who is more fluent with bigger Diesel engines recommended the 3208 but I've read some reviews and and kinda 49-51 on the idea.. I like power and the ability to get up and boogie but I also am big on reliability. What would be the best direction to go without killing my pocketbook? Thanks for any input you can give, it's much appreciated!