Contributor

Re: adding electro-hydraulic feature to skid steer

Scott -

thaks for the tip.

they have my 262C now and are installing the electro/hydaulioc and the "kreeper system"

I will be sure ot mention it to my sales rep.

CB

Employee

cblitzer,

You may want to check with your Cat Dealer, to see if they can set you up with SIS Web. Similar to other media and resources that have moved to the web, SIS Web is generally current with the latest information - you don't have to wait for a new set of CDs before updating SIS content.

Cheers,

Scott Rendleman
Product Support Manager
Large Contractor - Corporate Accounts
Caterpillar Inc.
Contributor

me too - !!
Regular Contributor

You are very welcome and I hope you get back your machine from the dealer as soon as possible.

amer_27606

Contributor

Amer -

Again many thanks, and you are absolutely correct.

I already had this conversatin with my cat dealer.

You are very wise as is your advice :<)

Apparently Cat Skid Steer  "C" models are highly computer controlled/interfaced and for me to save a couple hundred dollars to risk a computer issue is a no brainer.

so they will intall everything - not a biggie and I really appreciate all of your help !!

Thanks again

CB

Regular Contributor

Hello cblitzer,

You are very welcome.

As far as access to Customer SIS concerns, you have to buy it in order to utilize SIS.

The installation instructions!  That is true that you can probably physically install the kit yourself.  However, after I dug into it, I found out that it required skilled people to perform a such installation because of some safety precautions and required training involved in the setup so that the kit would function properly.  Therefore, the CAT dealer is probably conservative in handing out the installation instructions to you so that they won't be responsible if something wrong occurs without their supervision.  The dealer is also trying to protect you from any faults that could happen either to you or to the kit.  Furthermore, if you buy the kit and want to install it yourself, I believe that the kit won't be under warranty anymore.

Let me ask you this.  Have you bought the kit yet?  If you did, I would think that the installation instructions including the necessary precautions would come w/ it.

Please, let me know how you would go by this concern.

Best wishes!

amer_27606 

Contributor

Amer -

Thank you ver muhc - I have never been on a message board before where the folks have been so knowledgable and willing to assit.

I really appreciate everyone's help with this.

Amer - do you mind if I ask you :

1 - how do I get a Customer SIS

2 - IF it is difficult, could you dig up the install manual for me - my dealer is tryng to get me to pay for the install and almost doubel the price of the part.!!!

Thanks again :)

cb

Contributor

thank you !!!!

Regular Contributor

Thank you b020mrs for the info.

If cblitzer does not have at least Customer SIS, he will not be able to retrieve this media number from SIS.

cblitzer, I suggest that you contact your nearest Cat dealer for this media.  I am certain that they will be more than happy to assist you with it, and they will probably give you some tips in how to install the kit.  And If you felt that you still needed help, let me know and I would dig things out to help you.

Best wishes!

amer_27606     

Cat Dealer
Dealer

The special instruction (installation instructions) for the kit is media number REHS2794 and is available on SIS. It may also come with the kit.