Contributor

Re: cold start only

got it. got the number 5 injector out and the top oil o-ring was cut in half. Replaced all the seals for 30 bucks and the truck runs and restarts perfect again.  

Contributor

I'm just trying to learn, I had it professionally tested for 75, 1500 for the pump which they said was bad 200 for o rings and it still doesn't restart after warming up
Contributor

sorry but if you are going to reply please read my comments. I just put they are 241-3238, I already checked that part number and it is right, how would it work for a year??? If they were wrong?? I'm changing the o-rings now.
Super Contributor

No, not normal. Either the upper injector seals are leaking or something wrong with the injector. I'll ask one more time: What is the part number on the injector??? The incorrect injectors can cause a starting problem.
Contributor

Started the engine one injector shot oil 20 feet in the air. I would say the 5th one from the front of the engine. Is that normal??
Contributor

Got valve cover off, 241-3238, c-15
Contributor

HEUI part number 10R-8899
Contributor

i dont know what they replaced them with, the injectors were replaced by someone else, ran fine for a year, went to a cat dealer and gave them my serial number and they gave me a pump. dont have the number handy, but i can look at the invoice tomorrow, I dont understand how they could get out of trim?? and all the injectors are bad? it starts fine cold and will run all day long at 70 MPH no problems at all, just wont restart when warm. This is acting like a coil boot on a gasoline engine. Im not a diesel mechanic at all, I just know the engine runs great when it starts. I dont think I said this was an Acert engine.

Super Contributor

I'll ask again. What is the part number of the injectors that were installed? Remove the valve cover and locate the part number. Were the trim files installed in the engine ECM? What is the part number of the HEUI pump you just installed?
Contributor

Got a new pump from cat today, had no contamination at all, put new one on and still does the samething??? I test drive it for less than a 1/4 mile, parked it, would not restart. It just got over 100 degrees so it doesn't even have to get up to temp.