Contributor

Re: No Throttle Signal- 3512B with Ross Hill Controls

mr brendon throttle signal comes to the ECM from the speed timing sensor   u got to have a E.T WITH CAT prgramme to check if tmming sensor is defective there r 2 sensors primary n secondary if primary is bad it will not start the engine  u can do a change over but u have to disconnect the baterries so that ECM wont know u r doing something if u do not disconnect the batterry u will be asked to calibrate the throttle signal some tmes the sensor is clogged with metal particles so it does not sense the pick up signal try 

Visitor

Re: No Throttle Signal- 3512B with Ross Hill Controls

I think, it might be a good idea to contact the suppor.

http://www.cat.com/en_US/support/contact-us.html

No Throttle Signal- 3512B with Ross Hill Controls

We have a 3512B with a Ross Hill 1400 model control. We are having trouble starting the engine. The engine turns over but will not start. I checked the throttle signal on Pin 545 & 533 at the AC module, and there is no reading. I checked the throttle signal cable going back from the SCR house to the Cat 3512B ECM and this was good.

Inside the ECM it goes to the PWM card. I noticed the PWM card "Power OK" light is off. Could this be why I'm not getting any signal? I checked the input voltage on the PWM Card and there is no voltage. All the breakers inside the ECM are turned on and there's voltage at the breakers. Any suggestions on where to check? The PWM card is brand new, just seems like its not getting voltage.