Highlighted

Re: permissible cyl exh temp of mak 6m32c

Wow.

My name is Paul Matias.

Iam a motorman, I was a machinist, specialized in engines, and I overhauled hundreds of engines.

Ima not gonna teach "chief enginners", since they never give value to my work and while nobopdy payme I dont give free services..

But, you know the first fact is normal, under different conditions engine my not work in a proper way if you dont know what are you doing, when thye go to equador they tend to heat up.

Usually we make the cooler system to run at more boost, however you have to know if the heating is the result of conditions or any trouble in the system.

that engine have problems with temperature flutuating.it is known for that.

"we have to run our main engine under high cyl exh. temperature " - No you dont have to do that, thas a nonsense your **bleep**ing the engine to your boss.

"we dont know what is the official permissible cyl exh temp limit."- "Chief", its a diesel...

"the official permissible cyl exh temp limit."- You dont run that on limit, forgod sake.Again its a diesel,

If you know that the problem is not your air filter, start checking the system.

I had two issues with temp. one was a rope in the propeller, and another one was colling system with dirt inside.

Also had once problems with an injetor base., so can be a lot of things...some times is **bleep**ty maintenace, 

usually I have my tricks to find the problem fast.

My engines run like champs for years,,, because I got solutions for everything.I thing i said a lot here, now get your conclusion "chief".IF you work with me, you would learn a lot, but unfourtunatly people dont give me value, they just thing Iam a motorman with no experinece, well they forgot the part...

#certified MACHINIST specialized in engines.#

Visitor

Re: permissible cyl exh temp of mak 6m32c

By the way our main engine serial number is 38511
Visitor

permissible cyl exh temp of mak 6m32c

Hello everyone
I ve been working as chief engineerin a chemical tanker ship which s fitted by mak 6m32c. My question is our main engine is strongly effected by seasonal sea water and air temperature changing conditions. For this reason we have to run our main engine under high cyl exh. temperature while sailing around high sea water and air temperature zones. But we dont know what is the official permissible cyl exh temp limit. instruction manuel just defines tc inlet and outlet temp. And have any genuine air clooler inlet outlet pressure differantial indicator to see that how dirty air cooler is. Thanks for all by now