Re: 140M

Has anybody ever had a 16M grader transfering ENGINE oil to the TRANSMISSION?

de 140m transemition is very slow bat de puling sistem is verry good end de hydrulics system too is verry fast especialy de stearing is good

de transmition from first gear to fourth gear changes simply bah to ghange de five gear some times swichis de engen down it is verry hard for de transmition to change de only fiveth gear

Visitor

i have maintance 4 unit 14 m, first problem we got secondary steering modul and i have to replace for all unit because they have same problem
Visitor

I am talking about transmission, differentials, final drives, etc....Not very serviceable

71tax2, You mention component removal being more complicated than the G/H models. Are you talking about the Accugrade control system or the Trimble GCS900/Blade Pro 3D system? If so I can help you out with that, I worked for Spectra Precision/Trimble for 17 years in the machine control industry.

Visitor

We have had 2 16M blades for 2 years now and had a long list of issues with them.  Not as well built and maintenance friendly as the 16G/H blades. Lots of software issues that CAT had had to constantly update to rid the machine of bugs.  Hydraulic system does not due very well in cold northern climates of the US.  Have to go to 0W20 artic oil for the hydrualic system to function.  Dealership has had to take both michine in for major weld repairs to front frames.  Component removal is horrible to do, not even close to as easy as a G or H blade.  For us, it's been a bit of a disappointment, so much so that we elected for the time being to rebuildone one of our older 16H blades rather then buy another 16M.  Looking at the 16 size market,  seems like Companies were looking for good used 16H's too!!!! Also noticed the JD Dealer had a bunch of new JD blades ready for the local County when the hours are up on their CAT blades.

about the 140M, i haven't experienced it yet, but i wanted to know what are the common problems been encountered with 140M?

love them. run a 140M AWD it makes my life easy cant belive it took them this long

140M

I was wondering what everyone thought about the the M model graders?