Highlighted
Contributor

Re: 259B3 Compact Track Loader - Excessive wear on outer metal track guides

Unfortunatly no, and it has been a real nightmare dealing with the authorised dealer in this area, being upstate New York.  What are are you in?

Has anyone come up with the solution to this problem? I have the same issue here!

Thanks for the reply. They have tried every alignment procedure on earth, but have been reluctant to put parts on it because of the expense. Did things look more straight when they fixed yours? Tracks straight up and down and sitting flat on ground?? I think there is a design flaw, but hopefully I am wrong. Milton Cat in NH is going to contact their/your sister dealer in Batavia to see what was done to your machine. Let me know how yours was after the repair. I will keep you updated. Thanks.

Contributor

Mike –

The Cat service center in Batavia replaced the torsion axels and two new tracks.  I would check with them to see if you have the same issues. However as I put more hours on mine it looks as if it is staring to wear uneven again, so I am not sure if we have my problem licked yet.  I have been very busy this year and have not been able to bring it to their attention.  Let me know how you make out.

Hi,

I have been dealing with almost the exact same issue as you with my 2015 CAT 259D. My tracks are tilted in at the top, just like yours, the outer metal track guides/pins are always riding against the front idlers and are wearing down fast. My tracks always peel out in the front, so when you look at the machine from the front, the tracks look like they are "toed out". My rear torsion bars have that same big gap at the bottom and the inboard cleats on the surface of the track are wearing faster than the outside. Have been back and forth to the dealer three times in two months. They can't figure it out. What was the cause for yours?? Machine has 60 hours and has never even been in the dirt yet. Anybody???Thanks.

Mike

Contributor

Sorry for the Delay in closing this out, but I have been busy working my 259B3.  I will say, I know why I always run Cat equiptment.  Cat was not sure what caused the excessive wear, might have been something I did or something not just right from the factory.  However Cat did all the necessary repairs at no cost to me, and I was back to work in three days, no questions asked. 

This is exactly why I alway run Cat.  They stand behind thier product 110 % and keep contractors like me working and making money - Thanks again to Cat and all the representatives that worked on this issue.

Case closed.

Hi PhoenixRising,

The Service Manager at our Batavia, NY location is going to reach out to you via email to assist you with your problem.

Best,

Milton CAT

Administrator
Employee

Hi PhoenixRising, 

Sorry for the delay, I've sent your message to our Undercarriage team. I will update you soon when we find the appropriate contact to assist!

Regards,
Cody
Contributor

Sorry I must have made a mistake,  I did not accept a solution to this problem.  The Problem is still open.

Thanks for such useful suggestions. I was searching already these kind of trics.