Re: 3126 cranks but will not start

amador wrote:

the code i ot is ecu140

amador wrote:

the code i ot is ecu140

New member mec

Hello all,

Where is The engine ? I can help you repair it.

Liem. Pham Thanh

You have proabbly allready checked this but the fuel shut off solenoid is getting power isnt it?

the code i ot is ecu140

thanks for the help

Super Contributor

Exhaust from the intake indicates leaking valves or a valve timing problem (camshaft out of time). Leaking valves on one cylinder would not prevent an engine from starting.
Contributor FMS
Contributor

Still cant get this thing to run. I noticed this morning there is exhaust coming from the Air inatke, everything seems to be running right though. It just will not bust off no oil leaking fuel seems to be good same with the oil pressures. Any Ideas

Super Contributor

Installation of the jumper tubes is critical. You must follow the installation procedure exactly. These tubes cannot leak as they must withstand over 4000 psi oil pressure! The 164-11 fault code indicates a mechanical problem with the HEUI system.
Contributor FMS
Contributor

hey did find a leak number 6 injector tube when we changed the injector I must have turned in the cone washer on top of the injector. so I borrowed on from another tractor. it is now trying to crank but still nothing the iap pressure was 1300 to 1500 psi which is good with no diag coming up. we are fixing to be getting off and i will bleed the air in the AM. still have 74 code injector 6 current high and th 164-11 coming up though. I am gettting smoke but it looks to be coming through the intake any reason for this some out of exhaust too. And that bad fuel knock sounds like is back, i am guessing it is still not getting enough fuel. thanks for the help. 

Contributor FMS
Contributor

The pump is new and I have had the valve cover off all morning looking for leaks. Should it be spraying or barely seeping or would it matter. The gauges we tried are crapp so I will try to round up a new gauge. With the budget crisis going on they want let us spend any money right now. I am going to need batteries before long lol