Re: 320 DL wont start

Hello all. I'm new in this forum. I have a similar no start condition. Initially the engine was supported with premium spirit to aid it's starting before it stopped starting. On connecting the ET, I saw this status of injector disabled as "OFF" . could this be affecting it? I did an injector test with the ET and it says injector OK. What can I do to resolve this issue? Thank you.

I the same problems on my machine, can you help me pls.

i had the same problem with a CAT 320 D and no electric current was recorded at the fuel injectors / Nozzles at the cylinder head. Fuel rail pressure shown on ET was o Psi even when cranking. Is this a problem with the injector pump?

Just for clarification if the engine ECM communicates with Cat ET then there is no fault with the ECM right?

HI

the engine C6.4 has alot of fuel problems......did you change the common rail fuel group?? did you check the engine by ET? i think its the fuel pump and you have to check the fuel pressure so it should be 43.5 psi at low pressure and 10153 to 18855 psi at high pressure.

also you can check the engine harness

Hi

do you check the engine by ET?

i think its ELECTRICAL PROBLEM you have to check HARNESS

Gabey,

I have a 320D with a no start issue.
It has injection disabled status flag when turning over.
The engine has all correct speeds and pressures. The engine has been rebuilt. Could the pump be out of time?

Help appreciated
Cheers Pete

If you model engine c6.4(acert)? Please test do leak off test. And please check status high pressure rail with cranking above 3600psi? And cranking must be 100 RPM above? If not maybe your injector fail

Cat Dealer
Dealer

Vefuca,

If you have access to CAT ET connect it and validate that you can communicate with the ECM.

Then check that you are reading RPM in the status screen when cranking?

Also look for abnormal statues like injection disabled.

Let me knw what you find.

Gabe

What engine is in the machine