Re: Adding operator to advanced display

They gave me a code, but it is not the master apparently. I reached out to them, hopefully I will get a response. Can I change the security code?
Contributor
Employee

Hi Myrph, I reached out to our experts and below was their response.  

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

We are glad you are part of the Cat family with your 287D.  Please make sure you are using the master code.  If you are not, you will not be able to add users.  

This instructions video explains how to add a users at minute 6:50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHilzSym4i0  

You can not disable security once it's enabled.

A little backstory, I bought it with 360hrs on it, I assumed the advanced display was factory installed but it turns out it was added after it was traded in. They assured me they buy kits to add the display/camera and any other accessories and put them on. There was a 5 operators listed in the display when I started setting up my machine. The dealer couldn't understand how that could happen. And I never did get a explanation. So I'm not 100% sure it doesn't have any internal software issues.
Highlighted

Adding operator to advanced display

I have a 287d I bought from the cat dealer with advanced display. The dealer set up the security code and I read that I should be able to add operators to the system, but I cannot seem to do it. I also cannot disable the system. Seems to me I don't have all the permissions needed. I can't get a reply from my local dealer so I figured I would try here. Thanks in advance for any help. Chris