Products
Applications
Parts & Service
Rental
News & Events
About The Company
grayborn

Cater 3126 blow by question

I have a 2004 Model Freightliner with Cat 3126.  Just started noticing more than normal blow by out of the crank case breather and oil seapage all around the area.  I know it could be a number of things,

Truck runs fine, doesnt run hot has 280k miles.  Once the truck runs for several hrs, the blow by is increased.

Can anyone give me a little help?

Thanks

Cat Dealer
Gabeyj93

Re: Cater 3126 blow by question

Grayborn,

A simple thing often overlooked is oil change frequency and the quality of the oil used.

As the engine wears, even normal wear, an increase in blow-by is expected as is some oil carrying over in the vapor and leaking.

Cheapest and fastest thing to try is the oil...

Gabriel

Contributor
mohdnazirkhan

Re: Cater 3126 blow by question

you have to adjust injector , exhaust and inlet valve and cleane the crankcase breather and try,

Gabeyj93 wrote:

Grayborn,

A simple thing often overlooked is oil change frequency and the quality of the oil used.

As the engine wears, even normal wear, an increase in blow-by is expected as is some oil carrying over in the vapor and leaking.

Gabriel

Gabeyj93 wrote:

Grayborn,

Gabriel

Gabeyj93 wrote:

Grayborn,

Gabriel