Highlighted
Cat Dealer
Dealer

Re: Engine options for a 2000 Cat 248

Not without some major modifications.  Sorry, I should have clarified.  There is no newer "plug and play" engine that Cat offers to re-power your machine.  I would contact your local dealers Service Technical Communicators and see what they say.  Your local dealer can be found at : http://www.cat.com/en_US/support/dealer-locator.html

Sooo....long story short, something like a 3044, or a newer C3.3 style engine will not work in this machine ??
Cat Dealer
Dealer

Engine arrangement# is 147-1234, serial# 3NW08788, there is a reman short block available part# 10R-4541.  As far as I know, there is no other Cat engine option for that machine.  You can always call a Perkins engine dealer with the Cat arrangement# and serial#.  If the Perkins dealer is worth his/her salt, they should be able to cross that engine to a Perkins equivilent.  That doesnt mean that they will have it though.  Hope that helps

Ser# 6LZ00523. Thanks
Cat Dealer
Dealer

Please provide the serial# of your machine so we can give you an accurate answer.

Accepted Solution

Engine options for a 2000 Cat 248

I have a 2000 CAT 248 skidsteer the original engine was a 3034...what engine / engines are recommended & will bolt right up to this thing...?