Contributor

Re: Please help with no start on D6N xl dozer.

Thanks, now to ask about the pump, only been on there for 7 months. Will call cat tomorrow and see about any warrenty.

Contributor

No problem! I hope you found it.  If I can help anymore just let me know.

Contributor

Where I got that code is off the dash of the machine and found it in the trouble shooting manual for this d6n. 0261-11 Engine Timing Offset fault . Pined the engine on #1 removed front cover, pined cam, removed fuel rail pump gear. Put pump in time and put it back together. Code is gone. No more active codes. Black wire was a normal ground. placed it on the ground on the starter. Checked injectors for leak and none coming from return while cranking or no leaks in rocker cover. But maybe I have found the problem. I see fuel seeping from under the fuel rail pump solenoid. Blew it off with air and it comes back. Thank for the help.

Contributor

You really need ET in order to see if the primary and secondary speed sensors are even close to matching up.  Just curious how you came up with that code I could not find that particular code, I mean the FMI which is the 11 part of the number you posted means that failure mode not identifiable. As for the black wire you were asking about you should have a 00 black wire going to frame ground and a 200-N62 BK18 wire going to the solenoid that means the wire number is a 200 you should see it on the wire somewhere its on circuit N62 and its an 18guage wire.  I joins several other ground on that circuit and grounds to the frame on the LH side of the dozer. 

Contributor

You maybe correct, I don't know. Manual says-Use the electronic service tool to check the average cranking speed of the engine. If the cranking speed is less than 150 rpm, investigate the cause of the low cranking speed. New starter,new batteries Thanks

Contributor

Trouble shooting manual says above 150 rpms it is 185 Thanks

Contributor

What is the rpm showing on the monitor while starting?  That machine has to turn at least 230RPM in order to fire the injectors.  Thats why when your eithering it the engine is spinning faster if that makes sense.

Contributor

DJA00243 D6N XL Here is the things I have done. The #2 fuel line had a leak at manifold end. Cleaned and replace the line. No trouble starting before line change. A little shop of either will fire it right up. Pulled the return line from back of head and pluged the line, inpluged the 3 injector harness, and checked to see if injectors were leaking, no fuel from return line. Will not start after fuel line change. Unpluged the primary speed sensor behind starter. (no start). Locked at ring on flywheel, it as ok. Upluged secondary sensor, no start. Checked lift pump pressure 80 pds or more while cranking. had error code 0261.11 before line was changed. Pined it on top dead center, removed front cover, pined cam gear, pulled fuel rail pump gear, put pump in time. No start. Started it with a shot of either and let it run for a bit. 0261.11 Code is gone. No active codes, no warning lights. used tool and cleared all the logged codes. went to store and got a fifth of Old Crow, this thing may start me to drinking so i was getting a head start. LOL!!! Thanks

Contributor

d6n xl DJA00243 Thanks

Contributor

What is the serial number of the machine please?