Contributor

Re: 3054E motor off wood chipper

Thanks a bunch
Super Contributor

85 lb ft on flywheel bolts with anti-seize. No loctite.

Contributor

so I got the machine going again she runs great thanks for your help Dave . Do you have the Torque specs on the flywheel bolts should I have loctite on them ?
Contributor

Super Contributor

40 lb ft for oil pump mounting and 16 lb ft for oil pan bolts

Contributor

Thanks Dave what about the oil pump munting bolts and oil pan bolts should I just hand tighten those ?
Super Contributor

Rod bolts need to be replaced. 180 lb ft on main bolts. Rod bolts are 13 lb ft, then 52 lb ft, then 120 degrees.

Contributor

I also wanted to ask is it ok to reuse the connecting rod bolts I have and the main bearing bolts will they have stretched or is there a measurement for them so I could check them . Thanks again
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

3054E motor off wood chipper

Hi I'm new to this site I am hoping to get some info it would be much appreciated .

I have a wood chipper that has a 3054E serial # 30400810 on it and am looking for the Torque specs on the main bearing bolts connecting rod caps oil pump mounting bolts and oil pan bolts. The info that I have found is 180 ft bl for the main bearings and 30 ft bl + 120 degrees for the connecting rod but Im getting other info that it should be much less than that . Any help would be great .