Re: 3406e sputtering and white smoke periodic in lower rpm

Sorry about this basic question, but did you checked engine breather? I had a similar problem on C11 and that was the cause...

ristpin is where this all began, number 5 hole, went to cat and purchase a gold kit, well respected mechanic put it all together for me. went to pick up truck and it was missing violently. replaced wiring in the head, no help. then replaced wiring from ecm to sensors and head. checked the fuel system. no help. tried to run truck no good. took to cmt spent two days with well qualified mechanic and laptop, no help. tried to run truck,, no good.. took to stowers cat, left 1 week, told me could not find problem. no help,  engine serial number 6ts03421, not sure of the other requested numbers that you need. miss did improve some after replacing harness from ecm to sensors, and i am thinking that the wiring was disturbed and is definitely not happy. i have to run the truck regardless. this has not been fun at all, I have had alot of CATs and never have experienced anything like this. I certainly need to find out the problem, it you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know. where are you located, I am in NC, thanks for replying. slimbob

Super Contributor

Post the engine serial number, software part number and injector part number. Also post any other repairs that have been completed.

3406e sputtering and white smoke periodic in lower rpm

one month ago i replaced 5 and 6 injectors, which no help, the truck sputters and blows white smoke in lower rpm. runs great on open road. replaced wiring harness, replace boost scensor, replaced injector cups, orings, bottom end rebuilt. any ideas of what is going on?