Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Cat Comm Adapter 3

No, 142 means ET is trying to connect to an engine. You need to click "stop connect" as soon as ET starts. The open the tool kit.
Visitor

Hi dave10010, I was trying to do that you recommended me, but when I click in begin, the ET show me a 142 error message, Do I need to connect my device to an ECM to fix that error?

Super Contributor

Open ET, and click "utilities", then "comm adapter 3 tool kit". Click "application firmware flash", then "select file". The bottom file in the list is the most current (1.23.54). Click on that file, then click "open" and "begin". All the comm adapter lights will flash in sequence while the software is installing. After it's complete, click "utilities" in the tool kit and click "usb power off". This disables the USB power to the comm adapter, which causes communication problems.
Visitor

Another question, do I need to have connected my comm adapter to any ECM for install the firmware in the device?

Visitor

I have a licenced ET 2015, could you tell me how can i get the firmeware to install in my comm adapter?
Super Contributor

All lights on means there is no firmware in the comm adapter. You'll need a licensed version of Cat ET to install comm adapter software with the comm adapter 3 tool kit.
Visitor

Cat Comm Adapter 3

I recently bought a Cat Comm Adapter 3 but when I plugged it to my laptop the adapter turn on all lights, USB, J1939, CDL, J1708 and Power.

Anyone can help me to know why the adapter turn on all lights?

20170627_000732.jpg