Visitor

Re: Connecting to a 3176 ECM

Any idea where to find a picture of this  cable so i can feel confident ordering it?

Highlighted
Super Contributor

The 1409442 harness connects inline with the engine wiring harness. Cat did not make a harness to connect with the ECM off the engine.
Visitor

Is that a breakout cable, that would bolt inline to the ecm connectors with a breakout for a deutch 9 plug, or how does that 1409442 connect up. I have looked on parts.cat.com and they dont show any pictures of the cable. My ecm looks like this one pictured below with the personality module and boost module bolted to the ecm. Thanks again for your help.  David

phpThumb_generated_thumbnail.jpgphpThumb_generated_thumbnail (1).jpg 

Super Contributor

Cat part number 1409442 is needed to connect ET.
Visitor

Connecting to a 3176 ECM

I have a 3176 engine, sn 2YG09352, that I am wondering if I can connect to it with CAT ET. The engine is in a 91 International 9300 truck and the only diagnostic connector I could find is a small port on the dash panel of the truck. It is only 1/3 as big as the regular six or nine pin deutch connectors I have cables for on my Nexiq Usb Link. Is there an adapter cable i need to go between so I can use Cat ET or is the ECAP device the only way to get into that ECM to watch TPS and VSS, etc.