Re: Manuals or advice

[ Edited ]

Please disregard my previous message. I visited the Caterpillar dealer in my area to see if they could help and found that the ID numbers listed above are actually casting numbers. Furthermore, it appears that, in spite of the Caterpillar name being printed on the engine, it is actually a Perkins. Apparently Caterpillar owns Perkins and labels some of the Perkins engines as Caterpillar. (who knew?) I was also informed that the model and serial number is located on a plate above the injector pump (conveniently hidden by a fuel line.) I just have to start my research over looking for Perkins info. :-) 

I have a 3 cyl. Caterpillar deisel that powers a DC generator.The model number (as near as I can tell from the stamping on the block) is S773L. Does anyone have any information of this engine? I also would like to get a manual for it, but I first need to confirm that the model number is a correct one.

On my ancient gas powered motor home, I had to trace the fuel lines until I located the fuel filter on the frame rail. Good luck although it has been 6 month since your question.
Contributor

mjkrueger wrote:

I just purchased a 2005 Fleetwood Rv with a 300 Cat engine on a Freightliner chassie . Where might the fuel filter water drain be located on the engine or soeplace else?

MIke

Most engines have two fuel filters. Primary and Secondary. The primary filter is the first one the fuel sees coming from the fuel tank and it often is equiped with a drain valve and a sensor that tells you there is water to be drained.

I just purchased a 2005 Fleetwood Rv with a 300 Cat engine on a Freightliner chassie . Where might the fuel filter water drain be located on the engine or soeplace else?

MIke

Contributor
Employee

You can purchase manuals for a 3406C from your local Caterpillar dealer.  You can find you local dealer using this link: http://www.cat.com/dealer-locator

Manuals or advice

in need of a manual for a 3406 type c to perform an overhead ajustment with jakebrake or advice on the tork spec's and things to look for when going in?