Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Actual Engine load vs load shown by Deepsea is different up to 10-20%.

I think if you have ECM on volvo it's possible recive data (temper, pressure, DC volt...) from ECM on DSE 8610, if connect 26;27 terminal on dse to ECM and change some configuration and power will be on dse and volvo same.
Contributor

Check terminal (26; 27) do you have wires there? If NO it's mean DSE measures electrical power (voltage and current) and showes it on display. But ECM measure mecanical power of engine. Some engine measure PWM signal and calculate power. That is the reason of differents power on DSE and Volvo.
Contributor

Yes dse read using current and voltage measurement
Contributor

Hi. First you have to check how DSE read power parameters. 1)Dse connect to ECM cummins and recives data from ECM: a) Check do dse have wires (26; 27)terminals? If have wires then connect to DSE and check configuration: application-ECU option-engine type? same on all engines? 2) Or DSE read parameters by electrical measurement (voltage and CT) it's mean engine and generator power (electrical)?
Contributor

Actual Engine load vs load shown by Deepsea is different up to 10-20%.

Hi,
Volvo engines
Controller - DSE8610
While doing load test suppose i have set load of 70%.
Now if i connecting volvo vodia to ECM and check the load then its showing 10-20% more, also in some engines both load showing same and in some engine its showing 10-20% lower.
Why there is load difference between Deepsea load % and ECM load %?
How to set this difference?
Is this difference effect engine perfomance?
Which one is the actual load?