Applications
Parts & Service
Rental
News & Events
About The Company
Cat Dealer
wtc2008

Re: Customer Communication Module

CCM use M5X protocol, there is a OMM SEBU6874 which tells you hwo to program. Additional, there is CAT CCM software for PC.

Caterpillaruser

Hello, I am having the same kind of problem, I want to connect de ECM to an existing SCADA system I have the G3516 Gas engine; the specification sheet says it has the PL1000. So when I look inside the control box I can see that it has 4 cables connected to the 70pin terminal (2,3,8,9) then on the connector where I hook the 1708CAB9 connector cable it has the E,F,A,B pins.

I have all connected and I have identified the 8,9 pins are the communications pins for data transfer but my problem is that I receive this info and I don’t know how to interpret it because I haven’t been able to identify the protocol the system is using. So it will be a lot of help if anybody could tell me which one is using.

Anybody can help me please.

Best regards

Tom

Visitor
kimali-moses

Power metering ekW,kVAR,kVA,KWh,KVARh,percentage rated power andpower factor
Power Plant Manager,
Mtwara Power Plant,
AG&P Power Ltd,Tanzania
Email:kimali.nkanda@artumas.com
Cell:+255 754 288466
Visitor
kimali-moses

Thanks Mundiri,

CCM already installed on 6 gensets model G3520 C hooked up on step up transformers,our state reguralator as per power purchase agreement needs annual capacity testing,we needed to show eKW,KVAR,KVA,KWh,KVARh,% of rated load and power factor.These data has to be pullout from CCM not from the transformer because of magnetic loses.Do we need a software?

K.Moses Nkanda

Power Plant Manager,
Mtwara Power Plant,
AG&P Power Ltd,Tanzania
Contributor
Mundiri

Hi Kimali,

Interface of CAT engines is possible on a customised scada system by usage of the old version CCM if you have them installed on your engine at factory and you can cut a great cost. Other wise if it is not available on your engine, it is advisable to install PL1000 E.

If you can provide the following information I will be happy to provide you with information:

1. The SCADA system communication protocol that you current have or intending to purchase.
  2. How many genset you have provide their models, serials, ECM version installed on each equipment.
  3. The distances of data cable routing  between engines and up to the point of monitoring on scada screen/display.

Good luck

Mundiri

Engine Sales Application Manager
Caterpillar Certified Professional
Angelo Peter
drkosamia
Topics: 1
Kudos: 3
Solutions: 1

What type of informaion you required ?

CAT has launched new PL1000T Communication ECM which can be hooked up with your exisiting SCADA and monitoring of Engine parameters are possible now.

Visitor
kimali-moses

Customer Communication Module

Can anybody assist on CCM,I have G3520C unit ,want to pull data like engine temperatures,speed,pressures into a different SCADA system
Power Plant Manager,
Mtwara Power Plant,
AG&P Power Ltd,Tanzania