Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: G3516 EMCP code of 02 diag

[ Edited ]

Yes ok Mister ???? wat appening

Regular Contributor

I have the same problem in a g3516c, without reason, the engine shuts off, and is the only 02 diag-controlled masses, sensors, suspect in a disturbance, we have on the line 24Volts, which we read with oscilloscope over 100 hz, we arrive by the processors of the candles even if we have them all checked and are normal, but they have 33,000 hours of life, and with the ET sometimes the problem is associated with a spark plug of a cylinder, but not always,

greetings Gordini

i have an sr4 geneset caterpilar with emcp ii and when i turn the switch to the auto restart the  generator starts as a manual start.

take into consideration that ther is no interaption by the main grid.

can you advice me what to check and solve the problem ?

Visitor

i have experienced simyler problems with EMCP2 ,the cause was

1)loose wiring or termination of controle circute wiring,(wired by OEM)way back in 1996

in the second casein 2001  EMCP2 was wrongly wired and shutdown set points wronly set in the factory after the engine load and emission testing before shipping. your dealer could help in solving this issue

good luck

muralidhar

Hi,

Check proper ground to that tranducer.

Similar problems.. found only "ground" between battery, engine block and control housing was via sheet-metal screws. I installed AWG#6 stranded copper cable directly from battery (-) lug to control housing enclosure (after removing some paint) then from that copper stud to ground terminal on circuit board assembly. Funny stuff stopped after that.

Contributor

You have two way . First of all change the data cable from Engine ECM to EMCP.  Second way is change the sensor cables from sensor to engine ECM .

Your problem will solve .

Take care

Check your grounds. I've had a few 02diag faults and each time they were resolved by removing and cleaning all ground connections for the EMCP.

Do you have any other shutdown devices that may be reseting once the engine shutdown? We sometimes experience similar problems with defective auxiliary relays that would operate, tripping the engine and then it possible to restart immediately without having to reset any devices. Also do you have any other protection devices that can be tripping the engine and have an auto reset once the engine is stopped?