Re: G3516 EMCP code of 02 diag

Thanks Mike

I have replaced more of the wire from the oil sensor circuit. It is a temporary wiring to tell me if it is a harness problem form the gauge panel to the EMCP. If the engine still shuts down again then I am going to try an ECM Again Thanks

Geers_25

Super Contributor

Re: G3516 EMCP code of 02 diag

I have run across this a couple of times, was the result of a bad ECM in the EMCP, the power supply for the transducer was going intermittant.  This is a tough one to diagnose, but sometimes you catch the early signs of it in ET, use the data log function and trend the lube oil pressure and jacket water temp, watch to see if it goes into a fluctuation, if both fluctuate it's likely associated with the ECM or it's power supply, if only one of them flutuates then it is likely in the circuit for that sensor.

Mike L.

G3516 EMCP code of 02 diag

Wondering if anyone can help. I am getting an 02 diag code on my EMCP causing an engine shut down. This code is discribe as lost of signal from oil temp/pressure module. Every time I have a shutdown I can start it right back up. I have replaced all the sensors/switches in the oil system, the module and the main wiring harness that goes aroung the engine to all the sensors. Any idea what else could be causing this. There is no consistancy to the problem, sometimes it will run for days other time hours/minutes. The only other things that I see that could be wrong are the EMCP, Harness from gauge panel to the EMCP or the EIS. If you have any ideas let me know please.

Geers_25