Highlighted
Contributor

Re: G3520C - Problem with electronic and throttle.

woodward makes the throttle actuator, but it is propriatary to CAT so parts are limited, and the electronic throttle board cannot be purchased threw cat.  Govenor Controls in the USA can repair this throttle for a fraction of the cost.

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

We have caterpillar G3520c engine. The Electrical circuit of throttle has failed. is there any part number to order the electrical circuit only?

this is the picture of circuit:

Contributor

Plantpro.

I repaired it, just inserting a deflector between the air exhaust  of generator (not engine) and the batteries module that made dropped the temp of the batteries.

Thanks

Regular Contributor

All your maintenance hrs are comparable to mine on the same engine at 60hz. We only get 2k hrs on the plugs though.... I'd be checking your battery system ASAP sounds like you may be overchargeing the batterys and bioling the water out!!!

Please review your air inlet system of the power house. Air should touched the engine and passed out with air exhaust fans with proper positive pressure design. Secondly CAT introduces the new water cooled throttle and its life time is much greater than ordinary throttle.

Regards

Contributor

G3520C - Problem with electronic and throttle.

Hello.

I write from Argentina, my English is not good, sorry.

We have 6 g3520C at 50hz running in a landfill, and we have problems with the electronic, the engines have around 4000hs of use, and we changed 1 master ecm in GS2, 1 asm in GS4, 1 throttle in GS3 and now have one fail with another  throttle, GS2, also sometimes everything connectors need a cleaning .

The preventive and corrective service it's made by dealer, the daily maintenance is made by my team, but I want know another experiences.

We change the lube oil every 1000 hs, and the specific consumption of oil it´s around 250 cm3/MWh

The spark plug life is around 3000 hs.

The methane level change between 50 to 60 %.

The ambient temperature (in power house) is over 20ºC, when outside it is under 20º C, In summer, the outside temperature it´s over 30º C an inside, over 40ºC.

Moreover we need to refill the battery´s water every day, and the life of it is around 700 starts. Someone know if it´s possible use gel battery´s.

Kind regards