Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Base load designs

Currently have 2 units G3500 with EISM, 2301A SCLS, both units will be sync to grid. Would like to know the control philosophy for base load operation and how is it implemented?

Super Contributor

Re: Base load designs

Get a copy of the Woodward Manual 26260, Governing Fundamentals and Power Management. This will provide you an excellent  description of how power management on an engine is accomplished.

In partical terms, a load controller, like a Woodward DSLC or an SPM-D11 could be used, along with a number of other options from multiple vendors.

MikeL.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the great read , AGLC base loading strategies clearly explains how base loading should be implemented. Is there any articles to explain the electrical side of things?

Super Contributor

I just emailed you some Basler tech notes, these are very helpful in explaining the electrical side of things.

Unfortuately since Basler "improved" their website these have become hard to find, I would have preferred to share a link.

Regards, MikeL.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks again for some great info Mike, it's really such a shame that Basler took these off their site. BTW does Basler have a help forum? I've always wondered how preposition works on their DECS avrs, and there's no real explanation in the manuals.