Visitor

C15 or C18 genset with Comap IG-NT modules

Hello all,

Does have anyone from you guys have experience with Comap modules and C15 or C18 engines? I'd like to control an Cat genset with Comap IG-NT module. But I do think I don't need the ECMP anymore? So I can talk directly to the ADEM controller.

Is this possible? Can I used the Canbus to talk directly to the ADEM? The ADEM likes J1939?

I know Cat doesn't like it but for me this is the only way to fit in this genset to a Comap controlled small network.

Thanks!

Cat Dealer
Dealer

Re: C15 or C18 genset with Comap IG-NT modules

I presume you use Comap to parallel gensets.

Two methods using Comap:

1.Use Comap as more higher controller, like parallel controller, use Comap control speed and voltage, do not add Comap into CAN1(EMCP and ADEM in CAN1 ) , to prevent conflict,keep EMCP alone;

2.Change EMCP with Comap, the EMCP use J1939 communicate with ADEM, you have to try. I think Comap is compatible with J1939.

Visitor

Thanks,

This was what I had in mind.

Comap is compatible with J1939 and with ADEM. It has configurations for Cat. So the best thing to do here is to take out the EMCP.

Cat Dealer
Dealer

If you made it. please let me know the results. It is good experience.

Hi Bart,

We do exactly as you say in Australia.

IG-NT via CAN1 (J1939) can  comunicate with ADEM .

EMCP can be removed.

With IG-NT fitted you can then parallel with other ComAp IG-NT controllers.

I sugest you contact your local ComAp distributor

Let me know which country you are in and I may be able to help with a contact.

Best Regards

John

Visitor

Hello all,

The project is cancelled/postponed... too bad. this was something I'd like to try! but if in the near future it is restarted I'll share my experiences.

We have a really good dealer in the Netherlands http://www.controlin.nl/. They have helped me very well with Comap controllers.

Anyway, thanks a lot guys!

Visitor

Hi all, 

i am working on the same project now. I already have some CAT C15 and C18 connected with Comap IG NT through PWM. What i need is to conect the Comap on the CAN of the genset so as the information of the genset are coming on the Comap. I am planning to add the Air Gate then to receive all the information through internet. 

I would appreciate to receive some help.