Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Torque For Cylinder Head 3516B

Hi all. Appreciates to anyone can explain to me what are the actual Torque for cylinder head Engine 3516B. Either 200Nm plus 180deg instead of 400Nm plus 180deg. Or anyone can list the proper procedure how to tighten the cylinder head properly. Thanks in advance.
Super Contributor

Re: Torque For Cylinder Head 3516B

Tighten all 8 headbolts in criss-cross pattern to 200 Nm (148 lb ft). Retighten in same sequence again to 200 Nm. Then, turn each bolt an additional 180 degrees in same sequence. Tighten 3/8" bolts to 55 Nm after other 8 bolts have been given the final torque.
Contributor

It is means we not do additional at the range for torque wrench..am i right dave. We just need to retighten with the same range of torque, 200Nm as well. Tell me if im wrong.
Super Contributor

No, I wouldn't use a torque wrench to turn the bolt the additional 1/2 turn (180 degrees). Impact wrench or hydraulic wrench would be fine.
Contributor

No. I mean after performed torque for 200Nm. We just need to retighten at the same range 200Nm. Am i right. The torque can not be 200Nm plus 200Nm right.
Super Contributor

OK, i understand now. Torque the bolts to 200Nm and after all are torqued to 200 Nm, recheck the torque at 200 Nm to make sure they are all the same. Then, turn each bolt an additional 1/2 turn (180 degrees).
Contributor

Yeah that is what i meant. Thank you dave. I just need clarification since it mentioned two time with the same range. Regards.
Contributor

Just need more clarification which is it mentioned two in manual book. Step A. Torque the headbolt 30Nm. Step B : 200Nm torque.
Step C : 200Nm torque.
Step D : make 180degrees
Step E : 50Nm for 3/4 screw.

I confius at step B and C. Which is we need do the step C only for rechek or we need increase the range of torque wrench for another 200Nm. Please help.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]
Step C is just a recheck at 200 Nm, not an increase. Recheck each bolt for 200 NM. Then, after all bolts are 200 NM, turn each bolt 1/2 turn (Step D)
Contributor

Thanks dave..well received. Clear.