Contributor

Re: Hot red manifold

so for me its very easy:

you have to change the diffusor and the nozle ring of your turbos.

we by ABB have different turbos for different altitudes..so please give more breath or in other words more air to your engine.

Regular Contributor

You have some problems breathing engine, the butterfly are properly in the socket load the mixture is regulated only by the zero pressure, through menbrana reducer, in vacuum level of O2 you? or have carburetors Impco, but always that is, the high CO is lack of air, and too much fuel that does not burn, valve engine, would give you problems if they also lose in starting, high temperatures if they are unloaded, and high temperature of the mixture if the suction, if off the candles the color is different valves good or not, if they are too white too much fuel, if they are dark poor combustion, black engine oil consumption, so it is easy to see the valves, then if you need a video camera suspects, and can come and see it all, ciao greething
Contributor

Hi Gordini,

Now we have a problem. We can raise the power to 300 ~ 340 kW then we have detonation and the power get backs to 200kW and lower then we have reverse power.

We analyzed the exhaust gas and the content of CO is terrible around 15000 ppm.

Do we have a problem with valves?

Best regards

Regular Contributor

welcome greething Claudio
Contributor

Thank you Gordini for your description.

Regular Contributor

So simple, you're at altitude, if you did not request an engine for altitude, you have to drop the motor power or you have to ask the turbines to altitude, I think that there are, or the studies, I already ran eight years ago in the first europe of 3516B HD at 1860 meters above sea level, changing turbine and intercooler, two-stage, in cogeneration, gas I diesel is the same, the problem, if you're working on now has the full power of the collectors cherry color is normal, but reduce all engine life, you should improve turbines and lower as you can the temperature cooling water intercooler, and if your dealer helps you better, greetings Gordini

Contributor

[ Edited ]

The gas in natural gas with almost 86~88% methan.

The genset is  paralleled with the grid and supporting the grid.

Altitude is 1260 Meter

Regular Contributor

please indicate type of gas, natural bio , waste, landifill,ecc, application, elevation,

Contributor

Hot red manifold

Hello There,

I have a G3516A. I had a problem with waste gate and sent it for service. After I installed it again on engine. Now I have a very hot exhaust manifold. The manifold is getting red like a coke.

Also when the power is getting 700kw one turbo is whistling. 

Can anybody help me?

Best Regards

Reza