Re: Hydrogen Retrofits for Continuous/Prime Diesel Generators

Would like to have anyone contact me with information about the subject of, Hydrogen Retrofits for Continuous/Prime Diesel Generators.

http://www.calfre.com/Hyderabad/Oracle-Fusion-Procurement-Training/listing

Highlighted

Hello Shaw,

Can you contact me on Skype or with my other ways too,

Bob Ritchie
Contact Me: 
Cell Phone: 55 (48) 9698-1915
WhatsApp:  55 (48) 9698-1915

Would like to have anyone contact me with information about the subject of, Hydrogen Retrofits for Continuous/Prime Diesel Generators

Thank You,

Bob Ritchie
Contact Me: 
Cell Phone: 55 (48) 9698-1915
WhatsApp:  55 (48) 9698-1915

This depends on how much hydrogen you're adding to the air stream. Under the heat and compression you'd have in a diesel the diatomic hydrogen molecule likely dissociates, leaving you with two very tiny protons darting around at high speed trying to donate eklectrons. Active little buggers indeed. They can make your combustion very fast and complete by igniting everything else, and very quickly. Hydrogen has a low Btu value per cubic foot, since it's very close to being nothing at all, but if it's not in large enough proportion to dilute your fuel charge appreciable, the increase in combustion and thermodynamic efficiency it brings more than compensates. 

With some mixtures you would get an increase in maximum power as well as an improvement in emissions,.  

Regular Contributor

Shaw, wat tecnology use to product hydrogen???, we have years of test, in genset applycation and vegetable crude oil use, need more info,, if you have some interest,OK,  only one is throu about save fuel and better poullotion, regards gordini claudio

I would like to discuss this, for mining customers.

Please contact me at dgosselin@toromont.com

Hello Shaw,

I am also investigating the feasabilty of CAT conversion from Diesel to Hydrogen. Please calarify what you mean: "This technology have a fuel savings between 10 and 20%!"

Are you saying that this saving is achieved by the reduced fuel cost of Hydrogen compared to Diesel for the same output? If so  can you  tell me what you are paying per kg Hydrogen. 

I would also be interested in your conversion kit. Can you send me some info and cost please.

Regards

George 

Trusted Contributor

Prime power diesel applications are challenging due to emissions constraints in the US.  Your ability to find these units will very by geography.  Im curious as to how your system would react in derating the system of such a genset....moreover interact with the emissions, which will be two of your biggest questions asked.  Portable, non-stationary applications may be easier for you as they may run the hours you need, but will not be fixed in the location.  

Fuel savings would be beneficial, but not if the power density of the unit is comprimised.  

Best of luck in your endeavours-  the market for injection based systems such as yours, and other companies is rather niche in my experience.  Moreover, endusers are wary of being a guinea pig for such technologies, optimal up time and output are usually what must be guaranteed along with emissions needs required by local agencies. 

Post some white papers or case studies on your systems, they may get you some more hits...or better yet, a test subject.

Regards,

Nick C.

Hydrogen Retrofits for Continuous/Prime Diesel Generators

Hello All,

My name is Shaw, and I am a Market Analyst for Stage 2 Innovations. We are in the process for creating a new hydrogen technology that retrofits to Continuous Diesel Generators. I am doing reserach to find out how many diesel generators there are out there that run around 8 to 12 hours per day, as well as who is operating them. The new hydrogen technology fits onto most generators, but we are test piloting CAT specific gensets. This technology have a fuel savings between 10 and 20%!

If you have any information, and would like to share, please feel free to reply to this post, or contact me at shaw@stage2innovations.com

Thank you!

-Shaw