Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: SYNGAS

sorry, for delay hi are on test with news syngas type for rotary burner, i shoo all info to you tomorrow morming, ciao

Visitor

Ciao ragazzo,

Same problem here, not for free...

but to help you with testing...

First step: Charcoaling

2: Use charcoal in the imbert, not use air for gasifying but the gas from the charcoaling equipment, reducing N2, use heart design from high aluminia refractory ciment

3: increase heat +1700°C, inject steam to regulate temp

4: H2o to Hydrogen and oxigen, oxigen wil contribute to combustion, reduction

5: system will also eliminate Co2 ( convert to C and o2 again )

6: Result is rich gas ( up to 80% value from natural gas )

option:

use the exhaust gas from the engine into the gasifier

use biogas as air replacement, but be aware of methane - hydrogen reaction

More info about the engine:

runs at lowered compressin ratio, without turbo charger

You'r right about your statement: anything works , if done with knowledge :-) 

there is no new knowledge...

just more young stupidity ;-)

Regular Contributor

Ciao,

good morning, well, from what you say, you're confirming my theory, there are no secrets in the gasification, just do what it takes, so it, nothing new and now on to your engine, do not say anything, my created especially for the use of gas poor, then tried to biogas digesters, natural gas, and I noted the possible curves of power and torque bearing,

if you want more information, we can also use skipe, I am now doing tests with different gases, from those that used so far, ie a Imbert that uses wood chips also improved to 40% humidity, and I'm doing tests with a gas generator of the German Holtz, installed in Italy (more than 30 in operation), that it works only with dry wood, and I have tomorrow (Italy), try a gas produced by gaffificazione slow and low temperature, with a litter of chickens and rabbits,

if you want other news, I'm open to all experiences, but I have a problem, I do not work for free, hello and good luck

Visitor

Ciao ragazzo,

Mercedes old v10 engine, 320 Hp diesel, rebuild in 1996 by myself, lowered compression ratio 1-16.

80.000 hrs now on the clock

Many improvements on efficiency

using selfmade gasifier

dry woodchunks as feedstock ( furniture fabric waste )

1.1 Kg per kwh

178 Kwh average / 80.000 Hrs

250 Kva generator

using fix rpm, 

i am in Thailand now

mine is just an opinion and an experiance, still willing to learn

bonne notte

Regular Contributor

you are sure, your opinion is the must of syngas, a many hours you have test some born engine dedicate da syngas use??, mi over 3000, also you spok fix rpm or variable rpm?, i have try ready a loot of gas type result is, 6000 CC engine at rpm?????, 75KWE, and more in stan alone to resistor test bench,but still running rpm 1500 at 55KWE,in paralleling to electricity network more easy, to make power,

hi are in italy, you cam from Holland?, USA?, i are clear not a segret of Pulcinella, you NO Pulcinella???, Italian slang,(wikipedia), ciao

Visitor

Knock sensor to adjust the ignition timing, if needed, to always have the utmost power per stroke

All about energy and engine efficiency.

If inject a little vapour into the gasifier, temp +1500°C, the steam will be cracked into O2 and Hydrogen

If distilling Ethanol with the secundary heat from the gasifier, Ethanol can be injected in gasous form at 78°C and optimize the combustion speed and power

Preferably to keep the airspeed steady for having a continual quality syngas ( steady RPM)

also if the mixture in the engine is kept lean, better efficiency and possible to inject the exhaust fumes into the air inlet off the gasifier 

This will catalyze the exhaust fumes, to meat the future regulations

also will reduce the amount of CO2 produced per Kwh Electric power

Regular Contributor

wy knock sensor, not need, detonation wats this, need to do a good thermal chanber, about syngas, correct need only clean, cold in pressure, and not standar rpm, but free  by inverter, all is al ready exsist to go on field,  greetings

Visitor

Hi all,

i am an researcher in the field of renewable energy's

for using "Syngas" the only requirements are: suitable , clean gas, cool and dry as possible

and a fitting generator.

Since "Syngas" is a slow burning gas with a low energy content, the best engine is a modified diesel engine with a reduced compression Ratio, preferable 16/1 

Turbo charged engine is prefered for an optimum energy efficience

Lambda controled governor, with air and gas mixture control is easy to develop, if not already existant.

Digital ignition with knock sensor

Using "Syngas" under above conditions, will prolonge the engines lifespan.

I am hoping that CAT will provide me with information regarding their "Syngas" engines.

I also hope that CAT can provide such Gensets for my projects wich i am researching

It is dough a pain in the *** if there is only a refering to the local dealer if have any question about using "Syngas".

Using "Syngas" is a growing market with a high demand for good equipment.

Let's all give our best efford to make the future more green

Regular Contributor

error my friend a motor cat exists and has already more than 2000 hours of testing with syngas gas or wood, the base is a series perkins??, thanks not divulge, and it's all electronically controlled woodward, and lambda, zero problems from birth, the local cat dealer is informed, and was seen by hundreds of people to work now and of course competitors who do not have anything like that, only condition without gas does not work, greetings gordini

Syngas generator exhaust (not emissions) is all CO2 and water vapor.

No, CAT does not currently make small syngas gensets but we can find one for you.

We'll be very interested in doing a JV in your TX locations.

What feedstocks do you have ?

info@bioleux.eu