Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: question about heat temps on turbos

Without serial numbers and a better description of your system hard to make a good recommendation, however one of the first things I would check is to see if both units are sensing temperature in the exhaust at the same place, ran into a similar issue a few months ago after some top end overhauls, one engine had the temp probes in the exhaust manifold (turbo inlets) and the other engine had them in the stack (turbo outlets).

Your info indicates a VERY low load on two engines, if you are running these engines for extended periods of time at these loads, you may have coked up the turbos on one or both of them, along with some other problems, like slobber. Continuing to run at very low loads for long periods of time can lead to ragged fuel injection spray patterns, causing poor combustion and higher exhaust temps.

Better info from you will get you better answers.

Mike L.

Yes they are generators and they are pulling about 50-60 kw's. The heat on the motors are only around 179 degrees @ 1200 rpms
Trusted Contributor

since your information is a bit limited, there is not much sane to tell about it.

but i guess that your are talking about generators, in that case, i guess that your reactive power is through the roof.

but again without info dont expect help here.

question about heat temps on turbos

I have 2 cat 3512's that are pulling the same load but one of them, the turbo's are getting up around 1200 degrees and the others stay around 750 to 800 degrees and no one can tell me why..???