Contributor
Employee

Re: TIER 3 UPGRADE FOR 3406C GEN SET ENGINE

CleanAir Systems, A Caterpillar Company based in Santa Fe New Mexico offers a solution for retrofitting your genset.  Working through your local authorized Caterpillar dealer is the quickest way to obtain your solution.

SRCooksey

Product Support

Caterpillar Inc

Regular Contributor
Employee

Re: TIER 3 UPGRADE FOR 3406C GEN SET ENGINE

jesusborjas,

The 3406C you have does not meet Tier 3 emissions standards.

It will be possible to retrofit the 3406C to achieve emissions levels equivalent to (or better than) the Tier 3 requirements. You will need to add an SCR (slective catalytic reduction) unit, along with a DPF (diesel particulate filter) to reduce the emissisions.  Without knowing the details of your installation, it is difficult to comment about the costs and leadtimes. Your best solution will be to contact a local rep for aftertreatment. I am not sure of of the suppliers in your area, but your local Cat dealer can help you with  the selection and supply of the correct aftertreatment equipment. Here is the link to locate a Cat dealer near you: http://www.cat.com/dealer-locator.

The aftertreatment should allow the engine to acheive Tier 3 emissions levels, but will not result in a Tier 3 certified product. The EPA Tier 3 is a factory certifications, which requires the engine to meet the emissions levels as it ships from the factory.

Hope this helps.

Chad Dozier
--------------------
Product & Application Consultant
Caterpillar Inc.

TIER 3 UPGRADE FOR 3406C GEN SET ENGINE

Regarding this GEN SET, I wondering if you can help me to answer these questions:

Does this GEN SET meet Tier 3 requirements?

If this GEN SET does not meet Tier 3, Is it possible to make an upgrade to it in order to achieve Tier 3 requirements?

If an upgrade is possible to achieve for Tier 3, Do you have a budgetary estimate to do the Tier 3 upgrade? Can you give a time frame to do this Tier 3 upgrade?

Thank you for your help