Highlighted
Visitor

Re: mm3/Stk fuel consumption - unit translation to usable units

Matairea wrote:

As part of a bigger issue to try to get past a CO2 (lbs/Mwh) limit, I'm trying to confirm the fuel consumption of the D50, 60hz on the C4.4 engine platform.  I know what the spec sheet and Tmi says (5.1gph) and we don't meet the state's CO2 requirement based on that value.  However, the engine nameplate lists a fuel rate at advertised kw of 88.9 mm3/ Stk.  I'm struggling with these units and was hoping someone could help me with a conversion to something I can work with.  The engine is 4 stroke, 4 cylinder rated 64bkW @ 1800rpm.  Any help is appreciated.

Matairea wrote:

As part of a bigger issue to try to get past a CO2 (lbs/Mwh) limit, I'm trying to confirm the fuel consumption of the D50, 60hz on the C4.4 engine platform.  I know what the spec sheet and Tmi says (5.1gph) and we don't meet the state's CO2 requirement based on that value.  However, the engine nameplate lists a fuel rate at advertised kw of 88.9 mm3/ Stk.  I'm struggling with these units and was hoping someone could help me with a conversion to something I can work with.  The engine is 4 stroke, 4 cylinder rated 64bkW @ 1800rpm.  Any help is appreciated.

The engine nameplate fuel delivery rate of 88.9 cubic millimeters per stroke at advertised 64 bKW converts to a fuel rate of .005425 cubic inches at an advertised 87.02 bHp. I'm not sure where you were trying to go but I hope this helps.
Ron Bernucho | Inside Sales Engineer
Worldwide Power Products
5711 Brittmoore Rd. | Houston, TX 77041
(O) 713.434.2300 | (C) 713.817.4442
Trusted Contributor

Re: mm3/Stk fuel consumption - unit translation to usable units

Have your TC submit a DSN.  I am not sure on stroke ratios.  As I remember, the cubic millimeters per stroke ratio is for dialing in the fuel system itself.  Are you looking on the nameplate on the genset or the fuel system?  Either way, have the DSN clarify what conversion and raw data you need.  

Cat Dealer
Dealer

mm3/Stk fuel consumption - unit translation to usable units