Highlighted

Re: HYDRAULIC FLUID AERATION IN HYDRAX SYSTEM

Thanks for your response, I have been on vacation for a few days which is why I have not replied sooner.  Several days after posting this problem the Hydrax system hydraulic filter came off the filter housing. The threaded boss where the filter screws on had broken in half. It appears to me the boss was not threaded all the way and when the filter seal was seated the threads were bottomed out, cracked and eventuality separated completely. The new housing has been installed and no more aeration. From your sugesstion I will replace the hoses and check all fittings.        Thanks, Lee

Super Contributor

Re: HYDRAULIC FLUID AERATION IN HYDRAX SYSTEM

Have run into to this twice in the last few years, in both cases there were problems on the suction side of the Hydrax pump, one was a damaged line and the other a bad fitting.

Have you looked at the Hydrax pressure with a test gauge to see if it is erratic? May indicate cavitation. I have also heard of one case where the suction hose to the pump had a split in the inner liner, and as it was running the pump suction pulled the liner into the hose causing a restriction. I was told replacing the hose corrected the problem.

MikeL.

HYDRAULIC FLUID AERATION IN HYDRAX SYSTEM

G3608 ENGINE. Has anyone experienced aeration of the hydraulic fluid in the Hydrax control system. Fluid becomes full of air bubbles within 30 minutes of run time.