Re: recycling marine engines

Some marinas will take used marine shrinkwrap for recycling. The shrinkwrap should be clean and not mixed with any other materials. Recycling of lead acid marine batteries is possible as well, along with the Ni-Mh rechargeables used in some portable marine radios.

Biogas Plant in Kerala | Recycling of Waste in Bangalore

Trusted Contributor

Post your specifics on the forums page and the community can better assist with possible sources for you.  

Regards,

Nick C.

We are interested in reconditioning of marine and other generators. Please let us be aware of your work / study on the subject.

You can contact via kemal.cengiz@intertradepro.com

Kemal Cengiz

Trusted Contributor

Please email me  njcooksey1979@yahoo.com  for specifics.  Your welcome.

Nick C.

Visitor

Thank you very much!  I am going to use this information in my dissertation thesis and I will show you as a reference. Could you tell your job and your position if  you dont mind? This reference will be like an interview.

I have been writingt my thesis and I may ask my other questions..

Thank you in advance.

E.uyan

Trusted Contributor

Generally speaking what we come across in our business to promote longevity of the "iron" is re-manufactured parts.  At times there are reman engine kits, assy and parts available for certain markets.  Truck, tractor, power gen and marine engines all have a myriad of reman options.  Not sure if this helps your cause or not, but core parts is one of the many things that sets CAT apart from other companies.  Additionally, the reuseability guidelines also allow parts to be rebuilt or machined  to certain criteria as well that may affect the overall salvage life.  The term recycling is typically not synonymous with our markets, re-manufactured core parts is what is offered to the enduser, whether it is a single part or entire engine all depends on the market, vintage, and parts volume.  Cost is also a factor that determines if it is plausible for using reman parts or complete replacement with new parts/engine.  

Hope that helps, if not, expand on what specifically your looking for.

Regards, 

Nick C.

Visitor
Accepted Solution

recycling marine engines

Hello everyone! I am a research student in an university in the UK.  In my dissertation project, Im investigating the recycling of obsolete marine engines and I have a problem of finding data. One option is remanufacturing. Is there anyone who can provide data about this problem and give ideas?

Many thanks, erengineer.