Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: C12 Sync mode while in Slow Vessel Mode

If sync works when cruising, then the throttles are wired correctly. I'd try enabling sync when in neutral at normal 700 RPM idle speed, then enable SVM on both engines. I really don't think sync is supposed to work in SVM.

Hi,

Yes it works while cruising. It's always been set to port sync. I haven't tried changing it to stbd.

Super Contributor

Does the sync work when cruising? Can you select port or stbd throttle?

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. 

I'm using SVM to reverse into our mooring. To get the boat to come straight back it needs both engins in reverse at the same time. Only one motor in reverse causes it to pull to one side.

I find it hard to get my hand on both throttles and engage reverse on both engines at the same time. I am able to activate Sync (get it to display Sync light on) in SVM, so I thought it should work?

Super Contributor

That's the way the electronics are supposed to work. Slow vessel mode needs to be off before advancing the throttles. Engines idle at 550RPM in slow vessel mode and it's meant for short periods of time. Normal idle should be 700 RPM.

C12 Sync mode while in Slow Vessel Mode

Hi,

We have bought a second hand boat with 2 x Cat c12 motors. I know nothing about them and trying to learn features.

When in SVM mode I can activate the Sync (sync button lights up on multi-station control and on the digital display screen), however it doesn't work. Only one motor engages with throttle.