Highlighted

Re: EMCP II Remote Monitoring

Just to be clear.. the Monico Gateway connects directly to the existing CDL network, observing the same best practices as you would with any Caterpillar ECM that is already on the network.  There is no need for a CCM or any other communications hardware.  Although we do have preconfigured versions for only CDL input and Modbus RTU AND TCP output, there are many other devices and protocols we can communicate with.  So if you have a generator we can gather data via Modbus Master from the switchgear along with the engine data over CDL and provide via BACnet IP to the BMS system.  Other common protocols outputted are SNMP, Allen Bradley Controller Tags, GE SRTP, Omron FINS, and Siemens Data Blocks. These protocols along with the ability to perform multiple input and multiple output protocols are unique to the Monico Gateways.  Since the vast majority is pre-configured, most customers only need to enter device addresses or IP addresses where necessary.

Each time the gateway is powered up, it learns what data is available on the CDL network, so in most cases, there is no need to configure the CDL protocol on the Gateway. Often, customers find that they can connect a Gateway with a standard configuration to their existing CDL network and be able to see their engine data within minutes.

The Monico PLUS Gateways adds additional unique capabilities such as Real-time Data logging on Compact Flash card, Email alerts for alarm notification, and Virtual HMI reachable from anywhere on the network.

If you need to do any customizing of the configuration we do provide world class technical support as well user-friendly, free software for Windows to configure Modbus or whatever protocol you would like to use and to map CDL parameters to that protocol.  That and the maps from CDL to Modbus and other protocols are available on Monico’s website: http://www.monicoinc.com

We have approximately 10,000 CDL gateways in operation today.

Allen

Cat Dealer
Dealer

Many of my customers using PL1000E. All options are available when you purchase the PL1000E , not monico module. The software for configuring the PL1000E is in the box and are very easyliest to use. I got around 25 PL1000E in my customers and all Are anjoy about that. If in the futur the user whant change his genset controller, we can keep the PL1000E for not additionnal cost.
Super Contributor

The Monico Gateway does not need a CCM, it connects directly to the CAT data link.

Use the link provided and contact Monico directly, they can provide you with all available parameters, answer any installation questions you have and are usually very good at providing technical support.

Personally I would stay away from the PL1000 product, as I said before. My experience with it has been VERY poor.

MikeL

Thank you Mikel.

With Monico gateway, would I not going to need CCM? If the answer is yes, how will the gateway interface with the genset?

Regards,

Waheed

Cat Dealer
Dealer

The better Gateway for your isue, is  PL1000E module. Contact your local dealer for detail.

Super Contributor

If you are new at this, the best solution is a pre-packaged device like a Monico Gateway, http://www.monicoinc.com/products/CDLGateway/CDL_Gateway.shtml

There are other options, but the pain of dealing with the poor level of documentation for the CCM and/or the PL1000 make the gateway product a better option in most cases.

MikeL.

EMCP II Remote Monitoring

Hi,

I am working on a project to remotely monitor and control a cat genset installed with EMCP II control panel. I plan to use a Netbiter gateway which speaks modbus RTU but the EMCP II does not speak modbus RTU. I understand I could you CCM but I dont have any idea as to how to do this. Kindly help with a way out.