Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: ETD (Engine Theft Deterrent) lost passwords

[ Edited ]
Check your private messages
Contributor

Unfortunately after one month I follow to be unable to have what I consider a basic support performance from CAT (and not using my boat). I understand the policy to let the local dealer to take care of local assistance, but if the local dealer is not able to solve a problem I should have the possibility to contact directly the CAT customer tech support. This is practically impossible, and as a customer I feel not assisted: the CAT Marine web "contact us" form is not working, every time I tried to use it returns an error ! There is not an email contact, nor another way to contact CAT Marine. How can be possible that CAT do not provide a way to contact them to receive specialized support ??!! I thank all the people that are helping me to try to address the problem I am having, but this behaviour from CAT is not correct and, as a customer, not acceptable. I should not spend days of my time to try to find a solution that should be provided from the manifacturer of the engine. At the moment not only I do not have the solution, but I simply cannot talk to anyone ! Unfortunately very disappointing..

Contributor

Here we are. Cat Italy sent me the status report of both engines. The one were I have the ETD problem is the port one (C7X00600). I attach the link to the file.

C7X00600 Status Report

Thanks for your support

Super Contributor

Product status report can be created with Cat ET. Maybe the dealer created a report and printed for you? I'm sure the ETD could be disabled with Cat ET.
Contributor

No, only one engine is blocked because I activated the ETD by mistake only on one MPD. The other one works pefectly. What do you mean what status report ? The ECM log ?

Super Contributor

Do you have a product status report from this engine? Are both engines disabled?
Contributor

Yes, it seems more than logical to me too. Cannot believe that a passwords system has not a recovery procedure for lost password ! The problem is that the italian CAT support does not know how to do that and from the US CAT central support they were told to exchange the ECU. So I do not know what to do..

Super Contributor

My mistake. The password should be able to be cleared with Cat ET. The password is stored in the engine ECM and not the displays.
Contributor

These are the pictures of what the display showsIMG-20151224-WA0014.jpgIMG-20151224-WA0013.jpg

Contributor

No, it is a marine Cat C7X engine..