Re: J1939 on 3500B Marine Engine

any reply for the above question .

any ssend me the address list of j1939 for 3512 engine

regards

antony

dear sir,

am looking for the same. i need the full pgn address of j1939 for 3512 engine. , i got  a small list but some of the parameters are missing especially the air restriction . is it possible to get the full list of j1939 parameters  for the engine 3512.

thanks and regaqrds

antony 

chango18 wrote:

I have a PGN attachment that will help but I can't upload it here...screenshots via image attachment did not work well. Email address to send to should do it.

chango18 wrote:

I have a PGN attachment that will help but I can't upload it here...screenshots via image attachment did not work well. Email address to send to should do it.

Hi All

I have a similar issue.  We have supplied some 3512B gensets to a customer and have now been requested to retrofit a Class-compliant control panel (eg AutoMaskin DCU410).  To facilitate the provision of the AutoMaskin unit, we have been asked to provide a listing of J1939 addresses provided from the 3512B.

If, as mentioned above, CAT doesn't follow the conventions for j1939 addresses, then how do I provide an accurate list?  I can no longer interrogate the engines as they have already shipped.

Any and all feedback gratefully received.

Trusted Contributor

The PL1000E uses a custom configuration for the holding registers.  After using the Parameter Translation Editor to create the custom file, a printout of the holding registers can be displayed of printed.

THis would be in regards to the PL1000E.

Thanks

Monitoring System Integrator

Hi Mikel,

Do you know how I can get my hands on the MODBUS holding Register address to engine parameter data sheet. Very hard to get this info on the net.

Thanks.

Super Contributor

The standards for J1939 are at www.J1939.org, and the common PGN's are listed there, with that said, taking on a direct J1939 interface witha CAT product for a one time deal may be more time consuming and costly than you want to tackle.  CAT does not fully comply with the J1939.org standards, no matter what they may tell you, they insert non standard packets to maintain a level of security to prevent unauthorized tampering.

Vector Cantrex offers hardware and software for monitoring, diagnosing and programming via J1939.  For your project you may be better off using a PL1000E interface and using a standard protocol like MODBUS TCPIP. 

In my opinion CAT did a lousy job of managing, scaling and identifying performance parameters in their ECM's on J1939, just ask many of the vendors who sell interface products like Murphy, Woodward and Deep Sea.  Also it used to be that some of the PGN's would change based on the ECM flash file, hopefully they got a handle on this but it was an issue for quite a while.

Visitor

J1939 is a SAE communication protocol. 

You can find details in SAE web page or in the www .

Regards

Carlos Wong

J1939 on 3500B Marine Engine

Hi all,

i must develop a monitoring system for a 3500B marine engine, reading process data onto J1930 bus.

Does anyone knows where to get the CAT specifications for that kind of communications? I mean PGNs , formats, addressing etc..

Morover I need to know exactly how diagnostic is implemented, expecially when multiple diagnostic messages are present.

Any helps or suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Omar Roba